Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Corran Horn, when the hackiest writer literally combines Luke and Han to create the ultimate Mary Sue character.

That said, the X-wing books are fun. Corran Horn could have been removed from them and they'd still be an ok read.

I liked that Corran was hopeless with telekinesis though. Made for some fun moments when he had to work around it

Basically Corran is better in I, Jedi than he is in the rogue squadron books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

ThingOne posted:

Corran Horn was also the guy with the super special lightsaber that could change its length up to 3 meters.

no it was one of the other apprentices in the Jedi academy books who built the first one and also turned evil. Corran attempted to build a super special adjustable one in I, Jedi but he accidentally used bad crystals and one of them blew up, so he went with a regular size

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Polaron posted:

Wedge Antilles, Tycho Celchu, Hobbie Klivian and Wes Jason once got stranded on a planet of people who were obsessed with dueling using rapiers with blasters instead of a sharp tip.

It was inspired by The Three Musketeers, and the planet was called Adumar after Alexandre Dumas.

This book also contains the best pun of all time.

refresher course

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Someone posted in one of the other forum Star Wars threads that really the most appropriate ending for TROS would have been for Luke to wake up complaining of a crazy bad dream and walk into the bathroom, where Mara Jade was taking a shower

and hell, I would at least have gotten a kick out of that

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Wraith Squadron did some heavy retconning of Courtship of Princess Leia too. And Zahn’s Hand of Thrawn undid the Lando/Mara relationship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I like the IG-88 Death Star story and I'm not ashamed to say it