Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I have a question that this science based thread may be able to help with.

How do the prehensile nose-tendril soul vampire force dinosaurs put their harness vests on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Even if you DON'T know what it is, if force training is so goddamn sensitive to things like this maybe just... Don't.
I mean yes there are an infinite other number of completely empty planets out there but this might JUST be a pet cemetery so just ignore the oblisques on the horizon while training. Hey. Look at me.

The point would also be: hey if the force reacts to lots of living things I wonder what it does to massive unknown glyphs dedicated to the unguessable in our hearts. And Luke should have pondered that.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Dec 28, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I like the first one better because it looks like 3PO is trying to remember which toilet seat Master Luke is behind

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hang on a sec, those aren't sexy at all!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You see, his name is Therm, because he looks like a lobster, and there's a famous dish called lobster thermidor... And his hands look like scissors, so if he PUNCHES you it's like being PUNCHED. WITH SCISSORS!

IT'S GOLD, JERRY!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

SlothfulCobra posted:

So she's an Omwati. Omwat was a planet that had made contact with the Republic long ago, but at some point stopped interacting with the galactic community and forgotten about for whatever reason. When the planet was rediscovered, Grand Moff Tarkin took control of it and kept it a secret from most of the galaxy while he did his work with it. He developed this weird theory that Omwati are capable of great brilliance, but only if cultivated for it from a young age, and as part of that, he took ten ten-year-old Omwati children, each from a different city and ran them through a special academic system where if any of them failed, their entire city would be subject to orbital bombardment as they watched, and then they would be executed.

Now, call me nuts, but if you have your own hidden planet all to yourself where you can raise super-geniuses...could it, ah, possibly be not more effective to, I dunno, not destroy that planet and all life on it so you can get one person to design things that keep getting blown up? Say, I dunno, some sort of forced conscription into training the populace, or selection methods to weed out the truly smart and just kinda, I dunno, keep that supply coming rather than glassing the entire planet?

No? We can't do that? We can't keep an entire genius producing population in reserve for something that...? Ok. Alright. Fire.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

What a scamp that guy!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm just saying Tarkin comes off looking as stupid as he is cruel and wasteful (a lot of both).

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I heard he was 16 feet tall and could breath under water for other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Roogue Squadron