Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I'll never understand why modern movie sword choreography insists on being so bad, or why the discussion about it use so many words.
We all know what it should look like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_Ypt67TQyI

If the actors aren't good enough, then hire better actors! Everyone remembers stormtrooper traitor-guy for a reason!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

See, this just made me think Rey should have been a lost child of Anakin

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

This reminds me of one of my favorite SNL skits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CniGk7Dyp1c

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/VykffRj.gifv

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

not a fan of this take on Bucky O'Hare

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

not a fan of this take on Bucky O'Hare

IIRC the story is the green rabbit guy gets introduced in that gray area when Star Wars had come out and Empire Strikes Back had not so a lot of writers were just shooting poo poo at the wall as far khyber crystals, the whills, all that stuff. And then like most of that was promptly forgotten about when the overall storyline crystalized in the second movie.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Marvel produced a comic series in said time given the only constraints that they couldn't do anything important with the main characters. At some point Han Solo arrived on Aduba-3 and formed a rag-tag band consisting of himself, Jaxxon (said rabbit), Don-Wan Kihotey (a crazy old man with a light saber who's deluded himself into thinking he's a Jedi), not Luke Skywalker, and maybe some other people. They fight off the local bandits and then some superlizard comes out of the crystal filled cave and they fight it off.

The old Marvel star wars comics were crazy as poo poo and star wars is worse for not following on their legacy.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Some Goon posted:

Marvel produced a comic series in said time given the only constraints that they couldn't do anything important with the main characters. At some point Han Solo arrived on Aduba-3 and formed a rag-tag band consisting of himself, Jaxxon (said rabbit), Don-Wan Kihotey (a crazy old man with a light saber who's deluded himself into thinking he's a Jedi), not Luke Skywalker, and maybe some other people. They fight off the local bandits and then some superlizard comes out of the crystal filled cave and they fight it off.

The old Marvel star wars comics were crazy as poo poo and star wars is worse for not following on their legacy.

I believe Alan Moore wrote a few of them and generally the Star Wars comics from this era are :catdrugs:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:lol:

The shrug at the end does it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Galehowl/status/1303922687299985408
https://twitter.com/Galehowl/status/1299145778468974592

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/REtrFut.gifv

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
In those OG comics Jabba was a rhesus monkey dude dressed like an Ottoman Pasha

Not that I'm complaining about the big party slug design

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

the Rebel fleet's between Endor and the Death Star. there are these things called "tractor beams" and "deflector shields" in Star Wars. they just shoved the Death Star wreckage out of the way. no big deal

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

the Rebel fleet's between Endor and the Death Star. there are these things called "tractor beams" and "deflector shields" in Star Wars. they just shoved the Death Star wreckage out of the way. no big deal
Also the thing is hollow :shrug:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Blood Boils posted:

In those OG comics Jabba was a rhesus monkey dude dressed like an Ottoman Pasha

Not that I'm complaining about the big party slug design

At least post a picture of him.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Original OG Jabba was just a Trash Man:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
They just used some random alien that didn't get much screen time from Ep IV for it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Well that's kickass as all hell.

Also, Lego's just released a Mos Eisley Cantina Master Builder set.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Satan and bat boy! Wait, droids??

Linux Pirate posted:

At least post a picture of him.

I didn't have one, thank you! Neat to see how my memory changed, was a bit off

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxb-RYccDLQ

Kind of kicks rear end?

The Further Adventures of Funk Skybonker

skasion fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 21, 2020

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

skasion posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxb-RYccDLQ

Kind of kicks rear end?

The Further Adventures of Funk Skybonker

This loving rules, thank you for this

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Well if I'd known people would actually like it I'd have posted it earlier! I bought that record a few years ago expecting it to be amusingly bad, but instead just found it boring. Happy to inadvertently get you some enjoyable tunes though! Have another Star Wars picture.

Unused art by Ariel Olivetti for "Dark Times", apparently. Haven't taken this book off the shelf in years.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Dark Times is some of the most :stonk: poo poo that anyone has put out under the Star Wars brand, but in a good way. Genuinely impressed that Lucasfilm let them go down the route the first arc did.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/JR_Bartok/status/1309237322731278336

This, coupled with all the Bardcore Star Wars themes by Samuel Kim and other like-minded individuals is great

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Arquinsiel posted:

Dark Times is some of the most :stonk: poo poo that anyone has put out under the Star Wars brand, but in a good way. Genuinely impressed that Lucasfilm let them go down the route the first arc did.
The pic I posted was from an artbook, I'd never read Dark Times and figured the dude in the image was Han Solo with a beard and force powers. Your post made me check it out though, it's kind of good? Honestly a lot better than a lot of the currently running SW comics.

Anyway here's a related picture.

Woebin fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Sep 29, 2020

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
If you've gotten as far as where that picture is from, then you have gotten past the truly dark poo poo that happens and the rest is just dark by Star Wars standards poo poo. Mostly. The "Vector" crossover is weird...

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Woebin posted:

The pic I posted was from an artbook, I'd never read Dark Times and figured the dude in the image was Han Solo with a beard and force powers. Your post made me chek it out though, it's kind of good? Honestly a lot better than a lot of the currently running SW comics.

Anyway here's a related picture.

Tag yourself. I'm the old dude's dick bulge.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Bogus Adventure posted:

Tag yourself. I'm the old dude's dick bulge.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I'm whatever that purple and blue thing is on the right.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I’m that transport ship taking off in the distant sky in the mid-upper right.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'm Palpatine wondering if he left the lights of his starship on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012