Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Thrift store find. The first track is “Jack and the Flying Saucer!” which is a derpy Casio rendition of the Star Wars theme with bursts of R2D2 like beeps thrown in. The rest is space themed kids stories with nothing to do with Star Wars and more synth whoosh noises. It might be on YouTube if you really want to hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's great when they have to voluntarily give themselves over to the aesthetic impressionism of the poster painter instead of just being able to get perfect photorealistic stills of the cast, or even just shots straight from the movie.

Sometimes there's a lot more drift in the poster than you'd want, but even then it's pretty cool.

We did though.

These are amazing

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

This will forever be my favorite Star Wars thing on the internet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A0rwG39Jzk

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

a star wars picture

homies

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The kind of kid who could walk into a toy store at Christmas and just straight-arm a whole shelf of toys into their parent's trolley.

I remember seeing a Star Wars toy ad when I was a kid with a bunch of kids playing with their toys. One had a Vader figure and, behind him, about 20 stormtroopers.

Blew my loving mind as a kid. "Wait, you can have more than one of a toy?"

Same. Between my sister and I we had exactly two stormtroopers. Not exactly an intimidating imperial presence.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Lol at the hairy chewbacca falcon

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

MadDogMike posted:

Had the Vader version of that case too, though the little plastic clamps to hold it shut broke after a while given how much use I put it to.

I had the Vader case too. One time I left it in the hot car for a few hours when my parents took me somewhere. When I got back I went into a panic because all my figures appeared to be melting. The plastic had just gotten slightly soft in the heat and went back to normal when they cooled off but I was freaking out that my entire collection was going to be blobs of mush.

I still have all my original, heavily battle scarred Star Wars Toys, including the Vader case :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Although since I really don't know all that much about the actually produced Kenner toys, it can be hard for me to tell what actually went into production. I thought for sure this thing was some bad idea that never happened.

But nope, it got made.
http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=39648

I had the star destroyer set. You could put darth in the meditation chamber and push the little button and it glowed red. There were also little pegs so you could hang dudes upside down. It fell apart easily.