Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’m friends with all of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
TIL that George Lucas is married and his wife is out of his league.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

indigi posted:

I’d stay there if you could gently caress a twilek

wife: gets sexy twilek outfit
me: u look nice but i'm sleeping in the rebel trooper bunk

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Disney-Pixar's Der Reiz, starring a family saved by a miracle after arriving in South America to escape a war

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Vernii posted:

To be fair, the Empire and to a lesser extent the FO have way better costuming and cooler symbols & gear which makes it attractive to RP/LARP them.

The ad has a powerful "Karen calls the cops like customer service" energy to it though so not sure why Marketing thought that was a good idea.

Yeah I find the whole "can you believe how many irl fascists love Darth Vader" stuff kinda overblown. TIE fighters, red lightsabers, cool helmets, shooting lightning, you can bet your rear end I'm going dark side in any star war video game.

It's also pretty accurate, irl fascists do love form over function. Nazis took WW1 uniforms and made them less functional but cooler, italian bersaglieri wore peacock feathers into battle, that USMC commercial where a guy swordfights a balrog, that VDV commercial with martial arts moves and backflips...

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Oh no disagreements there. Being Darth Vader is one thing, being the bureaucrat who failed Darth Vader for the last time is the lamest fantasy

It's like watching Indiana Jones and deciding you want to be an SS mook for Halloween.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 16, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

NGL I really loving miss that period of like 1998-2002 where every fuckin thing in the world had star war and pokémon versions

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Burger King, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell got the exclusive deal for episode I toys.

IIRC BK was all Tattooine-themed, and the other two had Naboo and Coruscant.

e: wait no this is a Taco Bell ad so they must have got Tattooine.

e2: I think at some point Yum brand went hard on buying licensed toys to compete with Happy Meals. They also got Lord of the Rings toys- I got whatever the Taco Bell happy meal was called and got loving Celeborn. The nerd with two lines who wears a dress, just the character every kid wants a figure of.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 19, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Ngl he was one of my favourite action figures. The old timey WW1 pilot look is cool, and he be getaway pilot while Luke and Jango fought Darth Maul. He only got to fly thé episode 2 changeling speeder and Luke’s landspeeder tho. Couldn’t afford big ships :(

e:

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 22, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Basing my next KOTOR character on the Chihuahua for sure

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/TheDeadDistrict/status/1507245199814184969
russian POW wearing Star Wars shirt under his uniform. What a strange time to be alive.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The naboo starfighter rocks

So do a lot of the background podracers

Dud Bolt is a big stinky cheater who throws races for Sebulba and gets a kickback.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Apr 7, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The whole gungan army look suffers from ancient cgi, but conceptually they're really cool. It's dumb Jar Jar didn't get sweet gungan armour like everyone else.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Hazo posted:

Reminds me of those mid-2000s charts of sci fi spaceships showing how ridiculously and stupidly huge Star Wars and Trek ships were and, if I remember right, eventually led to a video where some nerd scientifically proved how taking the elevator turbo-elevator on the Enterprise from the shuttle bay to the bridge involved some form of magic in order to be possible.

And it’s really funny to me how the sizes of star destroyers throughout the movies range from 1 to 38 miles wide or long, meaning some random trooper could spend an entire day walking the length of the ship and back.

"mid-2000s" more like "nerds never change"

One of my buddies was in the navy and claimed after morning PT, he could slack off a good chunk of the day just walking intently around base with two cups of coffee. Idk if bullshit or not but it's a great Star Wars b-plot. Trooper TK-69420 isn't shirking his duties, he's on a special mission for Admiral Fukko.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Arquinsiel posted:

It's the Tet Offensive (but inverted) :colbert:

Here's the site it was made from. You used to be able to drag ships around.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If you rotate the boat to closer map the Star Destroyer's angle it's a little less ludicrous. The crew quarters run about a third a length of the ship.

I like how the Star Destroyer's engines are almost as long and tall as the whole area where people live and work. That's the kind of character-over-function spaceship design that makes the Empire great. You know there's unsung Imperial Death Engineers down in that cavern, doing mechanical work on OSHA-incompliant catwalks.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
As usual the A-Wing is far and away the most awesome craft. Look at that, pilot bagged two TIEs in one shot.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Roooooouge Squadron. This is General Rieken. One of our shuttles will rendezvous with a small convoy from local resistance on Barkhesh, which must first travel through imperial territory...

fartknocker posted:

All the Rebel fighters are cool and good.

V-Wing is terrible, prove me wrong.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Apr 12, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
TIE fighter is the MiG 29, Interceptor is the Su-35, Bomber is the Su-34, Ka-52 is the Lamba shuttle, and Su-57 is one of those TIEs with way too many panels that exists in a quantum state of Schrödinger's canon.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Rafale C and Mirage 2000D are in the "scoundrel" fleet every Star War game has, Eurofighter Typhoons are one of the piece of poo poo knockoff fighters that faction always has. You need a cheat code for the F35 but it might crash your Nintendo and cause your cartridge to explode.

e: gently caress what a snipe

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

thatbastardken posted:

star wars fighters are ww2 pacific fighters: the x-wing is the Hellcat, y wing is the Dauntless or Avenger, a-wing is the loving...Corsair or something. Imperial fighters are Japanese with the TIEs as Zero being the most obvious.

If we're going back to WW2 then clearly both X and Y wings are Lancasters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNdb03Hw18M :v:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Bigger Luke needed a bigger X-Wing. Pablo Hidalgo cannot fool me.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It always seemed weird to me that while supposedly junk, the rebel ships all have way better shields, armaments, hyperdrive, etc than the imperial ships.

Have some N1 Starfighters, actual most beautiful beast of the Star Wars:

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 28, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I haven't played Squadrons but lol at how everyone talks about the TIEs being exactly as awkward as the seem. One entirely forward-facing viewport, plus you've got to look through the tiny eyeholes in your helmet. No wonder the rebels won.

Me and my wife both got pilot licenses recently, and visual flying rules are hard enough. Good lord imagine flying around in an imperial helmet with WW2 instruments and a TIE cockpit.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Apr 28, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Arquinsiel posted:

I think that book actually explains them as being like anglerfish, so that's a male just disintigrating into a set of balls stuck to the side of a female sarlacc.

Also TY for pointing that out about Rex's helmet to me. I totally never noticed it before :psyduck:

Yeah anglerfish sex is really weird and more disturbing than a real sarlacc would be. Thank the lord these things are stuck at the bottom of the ocean because I want nothing to do with them.

e: this one comes with a picture of Germany. No idea why, but lol.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 29, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I love how Alec Guinness hated working on Star Wars. It defined Obi-Wan in a way that an excited actor probably couldn't.

That said, I would pay 20 bucks to hang out with Mark Hamill.

e: lmfao $20 in 1977 money is almost $96 today.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 12:55 on May 2, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ikanreed posted:

"Who need they midichlussy ate"

-

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
ngl I wasn't sure if that was Hayden Christensen's boots or Anakin Skywalker's lore-accurate space pilot boots

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGag8Qllgnw

In memory of Peter Cushing's slippers, Peter Cushing's Napoleonic miniatures

e: boys from 12 to 150, and for that more intelligent sort of girl that likes boys' games and books!

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 01:38 on May 13, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Not since Lapti Nek will Max Rebo fans have their worlds rocked this hard.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

fartknocker posted:

I’m calling it a YT-694200 modified FTFY Corellian Heavy Freighter

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Hazo posted:

Man this reminds me of that brief time in the 90s when the Action Fleet series (objectively the best Star Wars toys) released a bunch of alternate painted starfighter models, like a blue Y-Wing and a Green Squadron A-Wing

poo poo kicked fuckin rear end

YES

I still picture green as the default A-Wing colour

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

SlothfulCobra posted:

The game is called X-Wing, which does make for more complicated keyword searches. There's also Armada, but it's a mostly dead game that I saw a lot less stuff made for. Except this weirdo's stuff.

no ship balls 0/10 texases

Is X-Wing a good game currently? We paint minis and p sure there are two starter sets in the closet, cuz I married a kindred soul who buys games to never play. I want to paint space ships now.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 10:36 on May 21, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

SlothfulCobra posted:

I feel like R2-D2 has more life to him when he has a person inside.

Except when you leave Kenny Baker in there while everyone goes to lunch

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

well, I'm into this site

god please help me

these aren't very funny but lmfao it reads kazakh and we need to lay off the weed cuz these plushie R2s are hilarious

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 10, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ok one more because these are genuinely good, both as art and as interesting space ships. The robot-designed B-wing TIE on the bottom left is the ship I want to fly.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

I can't stop

e:

e:

e: middle right deserves to be official image of Sci-Fi Wifi

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ok dear lord that last one is beautiful and will be the real last i need to go to bed