Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

What was so terrible that you had to put black boxes over it?

It's racism, isn't it?

EDIT: Wow, even google can't find an uncensored version of this, it was that bad.

Also, never type "little white cuck ball" into google image search, goddamn.

Having cut out the 90% of that scene which looked ridiculous, what's left isn't that bad.

But you can never truly erase this:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jan 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Hazo posted:

I’ve purposely never tried to examine that scene too closely because I want to still like Star Wars, but jesus christ the dudes fighting Rey literally just run away

Twirl away :eng101:

It's really, really bad.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Kit Fisto.

Is there a wiki for the most embarrassingly terrible Star Wars names?

Like Savage Opress.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Just gonna say that I found the uncensored cuck ball image and it is exactly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Not a picture, but I just read there may be a new Star Wars movie in the works being written by the same people who wrote the execrable Luke Cage TV series.

There is no vomiting emoji large enough.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

ruddiger posted:

Where the gently caress is R0?

R0 R0 R0 your boat

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Lightsabers got fat.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I just heard that if you turn a stormtrooper's helmet upside-down, they have a very different expression, so I gave it a quick try in photoshop and now I'm horrified.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Here's what I don't understand - why did everyone use those lovely holograms, when view screens were so much better?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Social distancing before it was cool.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I liked this shot:

But I also get the feeling whoever came up with it was way too proud of themselves for it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Well that's kickass as all hell.

Also, Lego's just released a Mos Eisley Cantina Master Builder set.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Action Jacktion posted:

That's when Kenner was kitbashing ideas for new characters. That's the head of Squid Head/Tessek turned upside down:

And I recognise those arms:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I just noticed it's the banned version of Boba Fett, too.

The one with the choking hazard missile.

EDIT: Yours for just $185,850

No, that's not $185 - $850. The last time one went to auction it sold for just over one hundred and eighty five thousand dollars.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 29, 2020

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Of the Boston Van Doomcocks?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Luke milking a space seal was the most unnecessary scene in any Star Wars movie.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Apparently they filmed it with white milk and changed it in post.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
The entire resistance at that point was able to fit in the Falcon.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Splint Chesthair posted:

How can that guy use a lightsaber at all with those floppy-rear end Spirit Halloween fingers?

It always annoys me how bad fake hands are in movies.

I mean, prosthetics like this would be simple to adapt to making an actor's fingers longer and they're solid as hell:

If you want even longer, there's stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFVBpgU3aos&t=9s

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Just get some pro boxers.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Owlbear Camus posted:

Is there another layer to get? I thought it was just Obi wrecking taint after a more literal play out of the "if you strike me down" threat.

I thought it was referencing the first X-men movie

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Snowba Fett

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Before Kuill, I never thought "Ugnaught" and "noble dignity" could be used together with a straight face.

Nolte really did an amazing job for what could have been such a 2-dimensional charcter.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Remind me of the robots from the Black Hole. Form follows function follows cute.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Anakin's just staring right at her chest in that first panel.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j0-sKzvc38

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

fartknocker posted:

The next panel better be Chewbacca beating the hell out of some guy while Lando sits back and watches while drinking a Colt 45.

Barkeep, I'll have a Budd Dwyer on the rocks.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I always thought the droidekas looked stupid, but they were apparently designed by a species called the Colicoids, which looked like this:

And I suppose it kinda makes sense in a "build your droids to look like you" kind of way.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Owlbear Camus posted:

Also doing next to nothing with Finn being a reformed stormtrooper could have been redeemed by having his arc bring him from reluctant defector to guy who makes thousands of troopers turn on their oppressors. You even already had the EVEN BADDER BADDIES color coded red so you could have the first order defectors fight them.

When Finn got to the planet where the Death Star crashed and met the other deserters, I really though they were going to turn that into something beyond, "Hey, wanna borrow our boat?"

quote:

There is a way more interesting movie in one or a few of the characters actually shown rallying the galaxy.

The movie even explains that the evil fleet is going to launch in less than a day. Lando has to fly to the core systems, convince people the threat is real with no physical evidence to back him up, get a thousand ships to follow him, and fly back to the edge of the galaxy.

All in under a day.

Rise of Skywalker was just so goddamn stupid on every level :eng99:

EDIT: Imagine a sequel trilogy that spent time following Finn as he rallied the millions of First Order troopers and officers who had been stolen as children to fight for their freedom. Apart from continuing the themes of "break away from the past" that the second movie tried to set up, it gives his character a reason to even exist.

Now imagine that shot of the 'rebel' fleet appearing out of nowhere to fight the penis star destroyers, except now it's hundreds of ships from the First Order fleet - but being flown by all the people Finn rescued from their slavery.

You get your huge space battle, but it's good star destroyers against the evil Sith ones, good stormtroopers against the evil ones - which as someone else already pointed out were already conveniently painted red so you could tell who's who.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 19, 2021

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
For loving years I'd tell people about the guy in Star Wars who drank through the top of his head and no one believed me.

I even went through every edition of Star Wars on VHS and DVD as Lucas released them, hoping to see him hiding somewhere in the cantina scene.

Turns out, he was in the Holiday Special. So, yeah, fair enough. Everyone pretty much blocked that one out of their minds.

EDIT:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Sep 22, 2021

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I hate that I know just how stupid that is and still want one.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Just cut the barrel down and stick a soup can on the end, it'll only be in shot for a couple seconds.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Looking at those initial designs for the Death Star gunner and how incredibly goofy they look, it's amazing they made it work.

It makes no sense, and anyone wearing one of those helmet in a facility built without handrails would just loving die. But it meshes with the whole aesthetic so well that you don't question it for a moment.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Finger Prince posted:

They look like a homestar runner design sketch.

Oh. My. God.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
As a weapon of terror I'd argue it works pretty well*. Especially against infantry.

Also, there are different types of shields. Some stop physical objects, others stop energy blasts and the repulsors which allow things to hover. So there was a need for a vehicle which used neither.

As long as you're not in a rush to get anywhere. See the tank chase in the Bad Batch for a good example of "Oh no, they're very slowly getting away!"

* Seeing the empire using them casually as pickup trucks, however, that makes no sense.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
[nerd lore effort post incoming]

If we're talking AT-AT's, we have to mention AT-AT delivery systems.

When Empire Strikes Back first came out, everyone wondered how the hell you could get these behemoths to the surface from a space ship - this is before it was canon that Star Destroyers can go right down to the surface and some, like the Venator class, even had landing gears.

Now, the current canon is that the Empire uses Gozanti cruisers to ferry them to the surface:

There's also these from Solo, the Y-45 armored transport hauler:

And fan art, and ILM challenges, have provided their own possible solutions:

But, for a brief wonderful period, the official explanation for how an AT-AT got to the surface of a planet was with a Theta-class AT-AT barge, or it's big brother, the Y-85 Titan dropship.

It's not easy finding many images of them, as apart from the RTS game, I don't think they've ever been shown in any media. But someone was nice enough to use Lego to show how a Theta class unloaded its cargo of a single AT-AT:

They're basically shells with heavy duty repulsor lifters attached.

But, this brings us to the Titan Dropship, one of the most magnificently stupid things in the Star Wars canon. Capable of holding four AT-ATs and four AT-STs at the same time and possessing what must be the most useless laser canon in the entire galaxy:

And I don't know why, but I love this ridiculous slug. It goes up, it goes down. The heat generated by its repulsors is enough to melt anything under it if it stays in one spot for too long and it has two huge guns which it can only aim by rotating it's entire fuselage.

Fuselarge.

But, a long time ago, this was the official version of how all Imperial heavy equipment got to surface of a planet.

By metal slugs :allears:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
There definitely seems to be a shared theme.

And, that brings to mind another vehicle with incredibly useless guns - the Imperial combat assault tank: