Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Thinking about Capris Tarkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I’m the Godzilla doll that’s there for some reason

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Casu Marzu posted:

I BID YOU DARK GREETINGS
Wanna turn this into a version of mbisonyes.gif

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Just posted this in the science facts thread and realized it needed to go here too

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

skasion posted:

This guy was a rebel sympathizer and his ice cream maker contained secret rebel contact informations

Then in The Mandalorian they retconned it to be a standard way to store and transport valuable items lmao

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

How has this not been posted yet

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Space Mutiny was a good MST3K episode

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Yo this fuckin owns so I looked up the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcqmJ-2-JeE

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Especially cause you (and the characters) think it’s just a regular rear end R2 unit until it’s just

:itjb:
:goku:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

moist turtleneck posted:

last ep of mandalorian is one long good scene

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Extremely good Star Wars pictures

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hell fuckin yeah.

The new one that you can find in Dave & Busters and arcades n poo poo is also extremely cool and fun.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Having cut out the 90% of that scene which looked ridiculous, what's left isn't that bad.

But you can never truly erase this:

I’ve purposely never tried to examine that scene too closely because I want to still like Star Wars, but jesus christ the dudes fighting Rey literally just run away

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

These are cool but... a Star Wars card game already exists. :psyduck: if you’re gonna make fan fiction cards then why don’t you just use... oh whatever

Edit: where the gently caress is IG-11

Hazo fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jan 29, 2020

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

doctorfrog posted:

Dixie cup soldiers really went with the overall color scheme.

You mean Solo Cup troopers? That’s what I call them constantly and I’m glad someone else had the same thought.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

:trumppop:

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Kit Fisto.

Is there a wiki for the most embarrassingly terrible Star Wars names?

Like Savage Opress.
Elan Sleazebaggano
Cad Bane
Whorm Loathsom
Pre Viszla
Darth Icky
Darth Talon
Darth Nihilus
Really a whole mess of the old EU darths

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Darth Student Loans

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

wankel13b posted:

Worst Star Wars names are Ello Asty and Lowen Slo. Abrams and Johnson think they"re clever

Lucas named a villain “Nute Gunray.”

Which makes it extra hilarious that chuddy fuckboys accuse the sequels of “forcing a political agenda”

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

a.lo posted:

how is galaxy’s edge? One day I’d like to travel to a galaxy far far away

If you like Star Wars it’s a must-visit. My wife and I are annual passholders so we got to go for the advance preview back in August and we’ve been back a few times since then and it owns.

Highlights include building your own lightsaber, extremely in-character cantina bartenders serving me very alcoholic drinks at 6 AM, and some dude yelling at Kylo Ren “It’s okay, I know you’re mad at your dad but I forgive you!”

and she was never seen again

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hell yeah

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Not even close to being faithful to the actual scene, C-

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

If you don’t start flipping switches and buttons before takeoff to “warm up” then you’re as bad as the knuckleheads who don’t press everything in sight on Mission Space

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

“Star Wars droid”

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

No propellerman. 7/10

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Me playing Battlefront in the Jabba's Palace level

I'm Yoda

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

dialhforhero posted:

That, uh. Seems a little cursed, tbh.

Hope you're talking about flashing Maul because Millennium Falcon high school is awesome

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Taylor Swift was great as New Padme

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

:holymoley:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Robot Style posted:

The first movie's fight choreography also had to content with the in-camera lightsaber effect they were trying - the blades were wrapped in reflective movie screen material, and the hilts had motors that would rotate them in order to make them flicker. The sabers also had wires that ran up the actors sleeves to battery packs, so they were pretty clumsy to use and had to stay in very specific places in order to actually reflect the light correctly.

See also: The moments when Guinness points his lightsaber directly at the camera and the blade fades into a little black dot, which is something that was bafflingly never completely corrected in Lucas's dozens of revisions.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Robot Style posted:

The latest release on Disney+ has it fixed (which comes from the 4K restoration Lucas was working on before the sale), but placemat lore had already retconned that as being a result of Vader's Sith lightsaber having the ability to break an opponent's blade due to its powerful synthetic crystal.

:wtc:

Seriously? This is so goddamn dumb. I can't believe I didn't know about this. Do you have a link? It belongs firmly in the Corran Horn and Other Science Facts thread.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Are the forms even canon anymore? I remember always thinking they were a little bit silly and would never survive the Canon/Legends split but lol.

That "materialization" bullshit is actually kind of a clever in-universe workaround nobody asked for when the answer is "slower ignitions are more dramatic."

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hell yeah this is the good stuff

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Isn't this a literal tracing of some Lord of the Rings battle?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

New thread title is cool

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

skasion posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxb-RYccDLQ

Kind of kicks rear end?

The Further Adventures of Funk Skybonker

This loving rules, thank you for this

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

That’s actually not too extreme as far as obscure character action figures go. He had speaking lines and everything, and was even in episode II. Yes I am a dork.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I somehow missed that people cared about that guy until the ice cream maker showed as the beskar tote in the mandalorian

It had been a thing for years if not decades. There are photos of dozens of Willrows at every annual SW Celebration. Much like the Graflex flash, that particular ice cream maker model is really hard to come by because Star Wars nerds snap them up whenever they pop up for sale.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

While you guys were ogling Lelsa I have several questions about gas mask guy who’s been photoshopped in

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Can't Clobber the Frobber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I'm the tiny PEZ-dispenser-sized lightsabers

Vinylshadow posted:

Wish we could go back to these kinds of movie posters instead of photoshopped key art

They weren't on Bespin
:goonsay: