Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Harrison Ford is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_FieJToFKc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

A truly delightful-looking Mount & Blade mod?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

On reflection, having Max von Sydow show up for a nothing part was totally weird.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Where even to begin here.

- Tittydick eyes

An even worse version of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zowmpbv1za0

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm gonna post this because it's the kind of funny that doesn't quite realize how funny it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to2SMng4u1k

In which Darth Vader beasts on Obi Wan Kenobi so hard that his Force ghost came out wrong

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm not going to lie, I geek out a little at Darth Vader just continuing to go to work while on fire, using his lightsaber to do a clothesline, and so on. But this misses/reverses the point of the original scene so hard that it feeds into the kind of thing Auralnauts makes fun of. "Obi Wan puts over Vader" was not the thrust. And I understand why they wanted to keep Alecface but it looks comically bad and they can't get facial expressions out of it.

They are apparently working on the Cloud City fight so I can't wait for Darth Vader to do a chokeslam or something.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Robot Style posted:

It's originally from the same Star Wars magazine article that invented a bunch of dumbass lightsaber forms to explain why there were more backflips in the prequels.

I've found some tiny scans of it online - it looks like it actually seems to imply the hosed up special effects are due to the "slow materialization" setting Obi-Wan used to prevent Vader from cutting through his lightsaber.

The sacred Jedi texts!!!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

not a fan of this take on Bucky O'Hare

IIRC the story is the green rabbit guy gets introduced in that gray area when Star Wars had come out and Empire Strikes Back had not so a lot of writers were just shooting poo poo at the wall as far khyber crystals, the whills, all that stuff. And then like most of that was promptly forgotten about when the overall storyline crystalized in the second movie.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Some Goon posted:

Marvel produced a comic series in said time given the only constraints that they couldn't do anything important with the main characters. At some point Han Solo arrived on Aduba-3 and formed a rag-tag band consisting of himself, Jaxxon (said rabbit), Don-Wan Kihotey (a crazy old man with a light saber who's deluded himself into thinking he's a Jedi), not Luke Skywalker, and maybe some other people. They fight off the local bandits and then some superlizard comes out of the crystal filled cave and they fight it off.

The old Marvel star wars comics were crazy as poo poo and star wars is worse for not following on their legacy.

I believe Alan Moore wrote a few of them and generally the Star Wars comics from this era are :catdrugs:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I just noticed it's the banned version of Boba Fett, too.

The one with the choking hazard missile.

EDIT: Yours for just $185,850

No, that's not $185 - $850. The last time one went to auction it sold for just over one hundred and eighty five thousand dollars.

Yeah it basically never went to market and in that sense is barely even a product, but Star Wars mania means that a true collector must have this unpainted choking hazard miniature

https://www.fanthatracks.com/news/collecting/l-slot-boba-fett-sells-for-record-breaking-112926/

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Going right below Timon of Athens and The Merchant of Venice on the Shakespeare tomatometer.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

SlothfulCobra posted:

He was developed for episode 3, but before that movie was released, the designs were given to Genndy Tartakovsky to debut in his Clone Wars cartoon in 2003, which was loving fantastic. It's a series of shorts only about 2 hours long total, watch it now.

But anyhow, this is the pictures thread. And here's some Genndy Grievous.

I suspect that maybe the designers on the Revenge of the Sith didn't tell the people making the cartoon all the details, or maybe they hadn't worked out all the details themselves yet, but either way, the series took its own liberties in figuring out how Grievous would fight.

Yup, lightsaber footgrip. He'll use any tricks he can to keep Jedi off balance. They gave him a lot of weird features.

There was also the whole spinning lightsaber fan trick, which I understand as another way of figuring out how a droid could use mechanical advantages to fight a Jedi, although in the movie they emphasized his mechanical clunkiness instead of the fighting flow.

And then the 4 arms reveal was amazing.

https://i.imgur.com/YhGVne3.mp4

The cartoon is kind of in a nebulous place after the second CGI Clone Wars series (that drew a lot from Genndy's aesthetic) and Disney's rejection of the EU, but it's not explicitly contradicted either, so I like to think it's still valid. There's even a little connecting tissue explaining some of why Grievous is slower and has a cough in the movie. This happens just a little bit before the movie starts.

Pretty much all of the prequel villains are in this weird place where they became cool and interesting well outside of the billion-dollar juggernaut movies they were introduced in, to the point that they've been re-worked completely and/or given actual personalities.

Obi-Wan 1v1ing Grievous at all now seems ridiculous with all the other stuff they added in.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Attack of the Clones is the worst because with all that planning it's the best George could do, Rise of Skywalker is the worst because you can absolutely tell it was shoved together at the last minute.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

As ever with AT-ATs, this leads to questions like "Why don't we skip the added cost and weak point of legs and just use these much bigger floating metal boxes to crush our enemies?"

If you have a thing that is heavy enough to drop multiple AT-ATs, this is hard to overlook even for a Imperial wunderwaffen designer obsessed with Evil Aesthetic.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 14, 2021

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Hazo posted:

This is the kind of out-of-the-box thinking that gets you sent down to dianoga removal duty, ensign.

Let's compromise: an insanely huge AT-AT that can self-deploy from space like a torpedo and just stretch out the legs when it lands.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Don't ask me what this one's called, I think it's just a kit bash, but it's one of the very few TIEs I've ever seen where the pilot can actually see what's around them.

I hate these kinds of designs because you're supposedly in an ace-style fighter, except you have a huge target profile and a glancing blow will send poo poo everywhere, including directly into your viewport, killing you instantly.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

galagazombie posted:

drat that’s amazing for 78. Obviously I’m glad they stayed physical since ESB and RotJ look so good even today because of it, but it is pretty mind blowing they could get something that good looking so early.

The key would be seeing it in motion, which probably would not have looked good.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Bogus Adventure posted:

I would play this game

Blade & Sorcery remains the entire reason to have a VR headset.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'd like to respect everyone's interests, but I'm in a Star Wars picture thread because I do not want to read or think about moron garbage from your uncle's Facebook. However, it's unclear if this is as bad or worse than wank-by-commission DeviantArt.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Even in death, I still try spinning

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Finally, White Power Vader from the comics.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Technically this is '78 Mark Hamill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corvette_Summer

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

reignofevil posted:

I think yeah spinning it real fast is the implication. I think there were like three Darth Bane books and tbh I don't really think of him as being a particularly advanced at fencing, mostly what I remember is that he had a poo poo ton of willpower and that he would use his size and strength from a hard life mining space-crystals to overwhelm his opponents defenses. I also think of him as the dude who let himself be covered in shelled-leech creatures entirely because their shells would repel lightsaber beams and thus he no longer ever had to dodge or even really prevent people from trying to stab him in a fight. He lived like this for a decent chunk of time even though it probably sucked to have some kinda space-crab gnawing on your gonads at two in the morning and all other hours of the day.

I also think of him because his apprentice was a "force witch" which is the stupidest loving thing anyone ever came up with to try and make women like star wars.

It would not be the first witch coven in Star Wars, and/or it might just tie directly into the endless Dathomir stuff.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Darth Talon is from the far-future-of-Star Wars legends continuity, among the worst stuff there is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

double postin' bc I found some old personal star wars photos transferring stuff from old phone to new phone

pretty sure my first ever paycheck was blown on this badass lego set

future sister-in-law's eldest having a blast with the life size functional BB-8 at Disney World

Obligatory

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=70t8lAYTC9U