Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Daikloktos posted:

I really liked the Luke/Rey/Ben stuff, even if it wasn't executed the greatest

:same: give me a cut of that movie that's just their scenes

E: This is canon btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0XqMIL6T-g

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Maduo posted:

"Let the past die, kill it if you have to" is a good rear end line and I won't hear otherwise

:yeah: right back at you bud

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Unironically love Ben telling Rey to let the past die and to be your own person, then falling into the exact same "join me and let's rule the galaxy, surely nothing bad will happen" trap that Anakin and Vader both fell into, showing that the Sith never learn. That whole throne room sequence is really good and Driver and Ridley are both good in it.

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I can’t believe Disney plans out 20 years of completely identical Marvel movies in advance but when it came to Star Wars they just said “do whateva lol”

Rian Johnson only had Looper and like a few TV episodes to his name, they basically just handed the keys to a multibillion dollar franchise to some random guy and walked off

I was going to say that a lot of that roadmap was already written by the time Disney got involved, but they bought Marvel in 2009 :eyepop:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
There was an old-ish Imgur post talking about how good-looking TLJ was with a bunch of shots collaged together, does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

You’re kinda missing out because the big battle at the end of Rogue One is pretty good and the bit where Vader shows up to wreck a bunch of dumbass Rebels is the best thing Disney’s ever done. Shame about the other 90% of the movie. Solo was a lot of fun at its best and insultingly stupid at its worst so I have no idea how to feel about it lol

Originally that was going to be the only time Vader showed up in that movie which would have been a wild reveal.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 22, 2020

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

nine-gear crow posted:

Snoke...shallow pointless Palatine clone

Yeah about that