Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Alright, I get it. You're some mid-level manager and you have to make numbers go up for the quarter, because that's what the holy scriptures command. What do you do? License a successful brand and slap it on your cheap-rear end dogshit!

Post some great examples of lazy, nonsensical, or otherwise just terrible Star Wars merchandise.

Some of you are probably going to push back on my first selection, maybe you're even ancient enough to have played on one. But come on:

The Scout Walker Command Tower™ With Speeder Bike Ride™

This thing looks like a goddamn lawsuit waiting to happen. You can't tell me these things didn't get tipped over by kids. And if your kids didn't get crippled or killed by it then your wallet probably did. I bet the "4-SOUND ELECTRONIC CONSOLE" died after a few rainy days, which I'm sure endeared it to none of the parents who got suckered into buying this deathtrap.

Next up is one of those inflatable lawn decorations:

This has gotta be fuckin Photoshopped, but I don't care, because I wanted to express my disdain for this. I'm already not a big fan of inflatable lawn decorations, but "well, some nerd's gonna want to put up Darth Vader, but their pisspot spouse won't let them because ~*~it's not holiday themed~*~... I know! Replace the lightsaber with a candy cane! Boom, sell it!" Really looking forward to the microplastics from this poo poo winding up in my bloodstream.

R2-D2 Aquarium:

What the hell does R2-D2 have to do with loving fish??

Alright I'm done, now show us what kind of inane Star Wars merchandise you can dig up!

(p.s. you don't need to bother with posting Funkopops because A) we already know they're irredeemable dogshit, and B) they're all artistically indistinguishable from each other anyway.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

wrong thread but im posting it anyway

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

actually everything here owns

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Oie Boie

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
:five:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
[video type="youtu"]FH7XZPq-v6E[/video]

I don't know how to do this on my phone, help me

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
When The Force Awakens was soon to be released there was a ton of just regular groceries with Star Wars characters on the packaging, like a bag of Avacados with a loving Yoda sticker on it and SAY WHAT YOU WILL ABOUT JAR JARS TONGUE CANDY BUT AT LEAST IT'S A PURPOS EBUILT PRODUCT!!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Those avocados were specifically grown for Star Wars

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

[video type="youtu"]FH7XZPq-v6E[/video]

I don't know how to do this on my phone, help me

Select a spot and then scroll the pop up over to “[video]” and it’ll let you paste a link with proper formatting

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH7XZPq-v6E

Sweet! Thanks

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

dudeness posted:

When The Force Awakens was soon to be released there was a ton of just regular groceries with Star Wars characters on the packaging, like a bag of Avacados with a loving Yoda sticker on it and SAY WHAT YOU WILL ABOUT JAR JARS TONGUE CANDY BUT AT LEAST IT'S A PURPOS EBUILT PRODUCT!!!

Those are called makcar and they are grown on Yavin IV to help tend to the rebels' wounded.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
The Han Solo branded Solo cups.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Roth posted:

Oie Boie

I really want to see this candy in action.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Roth posted:

Oie Boie

It was a lot of fun. I pretended to make out with JarJar to gross out my friends.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Roth posted:

Oie Boie

:psyduck: I t-think I have memories of seeing this candy in some fancy store over here. Memories I buried in the dark deepness of my brain.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The wine glass really classes it up I think

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

This belongs in great Star Wars merch actually.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
never made, but

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Roth posted:

This belongs in great Star Wars merch actually.

No it doesn't. Who the hell wants Darth Vader staring down at their junk bug-eyed in shock and disapproval as they're trying to take shower? Frankly, it's a little intimidating.

Pick posted:

never made, but

Okay, this I need.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

No it doesn't. Who the hell wants Darth Vader staring down at their junk bug-eyed in shock and disapproval as they're trying to take shower? Frankly, it's a little intimidating.

Me

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

just because no one wants it doesnt mean its not great

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
If it has the power of the dark side*, I'd use it.

*enough power to pressure wash my b-hole.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I got Darth Tater as a gag gift once.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A formerly good apple that had all the flavor bred out of it in favor of looks and is now tastes more like pencil shavings soaked in apple juice. The perfect metaphor for Star Wars.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Some of you are probably going to push back on my first selection, maybe you're even ancient enough to have played on one. But come on:

The Scout Walker Command Tower™ With Speeder Bike Ride™

This thing looks like a goddamn lawsuit waiting to happen. You can't tell me these things didn't get tipped over by kids. And if your kids didn't get crippled or killed by it then your wallet probably did. I bet the "4-SOUND ELECTRONIC CONSOLE" died after a few rainy days, which I'm sure endeared it to none of the parents who got suckered into buying this deathtrap.

I would have been old enough to have wanted this back in 83 or 84. gently caress you mom and dad for not buying this for me.