Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I play the tabletop game X-Wing with my friends and it is a lot of fun. My Y-Wing did a lot of loving work last night. Dropped a couple of proton bombs right up the rear end of my opponent's Upsilon-class shuttle, and then the ion turret it was packing also sent him into fits. He wound up winning because his bullshit shuttle pulled a bullshit manuever and used his bullshit little tractor bullshit to bullshit my poor A-Wing off the table. (But seriously it was a great game.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Also in Armada my buddy Dutch Vander brings the heat, if he lands a hit on an enemy squadron it's shut down for the whole round. Counts as already activated. Then Wedge - you all know Wedge, right, ace pilot, all-around Rebellion hero - he gets a big bump whenever he shoots at squadrons that are already activated. Great tag team.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Roth posted:

Where does the Rebel V-Wing factor in?

looks like a dang ripoff of the Cylon fighter

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

zoux posted:

Like the one place where a gyroscopically oriented cockpit is detrimental is in space

Of course the very idea of human star fighter pilots in a universe where sentient AI exists is laughable but space dogfighting is too cool to let physics stand in the way

You're high as hell if you think space opera is at all about a realistic depiction of space in any function.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sage Grimm posted:

Speedwise, A-wings were the fastest, beating out all common starfighters (before the First Order weenies decided to make their TIE-fighters the fastest to win at fascist space-dick waving contests), followed by X-Wings (matching old-school TIE-fighters), then B-wings and finally Y-wings that fall behind even a worn-out Corellian freighter.

interestingly this isn't what ILM had in mind when they were working on Return of the Jedi: