Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Deathraven

"what if we just stuck two B-Wings together at the cockpit"

i love the dumb crazy ships that are just hideously overgunned and overengined and basically exist because one guy had a pile of money and wanted to be the hell dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

:snoo:

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
slugthrowers come in literally two varieties in star wars

-mundane-rear end normal guns

-horrible warcrimes that somehow combine a molecular disruptor and a railgun to blow through armor, personal shielding, solid walls, and innocent bystanders

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

General Grievous' fighter thing was neat, like a 1920s/30s race plane

They used this thing as the CIS bomber in Classic Battlefront 2. It's a rad design.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

There was originally a plan for a scene in Attack of the Clones where Obi-Wan's droid to come out of its hole and get attacked by dogs or something, where it would be like a much flatter droid than normal, but that was scrubbed.

I like to think that's still true though.

I kinda like how Anakin's first Jedi Starfighter was ridiculously modded because of course Anakin would want to have a bunch of extra performance beyond the base model and would do a bunch of tinkering.

I don't know if it's a sign of maturity or a sign of just boring design that later he'd just have a Jedi Starfighter like all the others but yellow. It wouldn't even surprise me if the later one wasn't even Anakin's specifically and he just never got the chance to mod it.

They kept him busy. One of the ongoing things in Clone Wars is Anakin being EXTREMELY possessive of his ships, even random garbage freighters he picked up for one mission.

Something that there's more than a little fandom consensus about is that Anakin's slave background and interest in tinkering means he hoards whatever scrap he thinks might be useful or cool, and he overengineers the hell out of literally everything he gets the chance to work with.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

ItBreathes posted:

Space cargo

the speeders are specified as being atmospheric-only.

iirc they also have weak, civilian-grade blasters which is why they can't do jack to AT-ATs unless they hit the weakest points on the plating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

But you know what? There's in-world ships that are literally bolted-together pieces of garbage, and they're great. The official name for these is "uglies". I really love them because they really reinforce the idea that all these wild and crazy bits of a ship really each serve a purpose on their own.

2 chassis, one cockpit. Must be a pain in the rear end to park.

I mentioned this thing earlier. The Deathraven was some pirate's dream machine and was an absolute beast in combat, being a purpose-built super fighter built from factory fresh machines rather than old garbage welded together with Space Bondo.

It was also really cramped and uncomfortable in the cockpit and he couldn't stand to use it to travel for any meaningful distance.