Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

iospace posted:

The second is arguable as to how much of a boondoggle it was, as it was effectively an elaborate trap designed to nuke the rebel fleet in one fell swoop (though probably better served by building a ton of Star Destroyers instead)

I mean, to be fair, they did that too. It just didn't really help.

I've always been a fan of the K-Wing:

Basically what happens when the New Republic gets some actual funding and decides they're really sick of the Empire's poo poo with all their fancy Star Destroyers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So how does the pilot even get into that thing?

The Force.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Abongination posted:

The prequel monstrosity is not how the original y-wing looked factory fresh.

That’s this fella here with all its cowling still on.

"Custom turbo modifications"

So the Y-Wing is actually even slower stock? :psyduck:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

ThingOne posted:

The Azdara from EV Override. This little beauty is the fastest ship in the game by far and surprisingly well armed for its size. Its shield regen is so high that you're back to full by the time you've lined up you next pass, which is good because its armor is made of tissue paper and dreams. Still, as long as you don't get greedy you can take down any battleship and fly circles around other fighters.

United Earth Interceptor supremacy!

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

ThingOne posted:

Might as well be sitting still:rice:

The Azdara having literal zero armor in that game always amused me. If you hit it with anything heavy it just evaporated but man, if you didn't...

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I wonder why Outbound Flight's the only one being shown from the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

hard counter posted:

there needed to be anti-force stuff in the EU so i can super easily forgive the force-sloth thing

jedi got so ridiculous they could clown entire armies or fleets of plebs by themselves

Here's the thing, though:

The Thrawn trilogy was the start of the EU. It literally didn't exist until those books.

(Which is also why the books are so fondly regarded, incidentally)