Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Uh excuse me

How can one thread be so wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

SaturdayKnight posted:

Jedi Starfighters are rad, but I can't believe nobody has mentioned the TIE Interceptor.

It's got dagger wings, like, how can you not like this?

This is also a valid answer

Pollyanna posted:

a wing suuuuucks

no u

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Also, the TIE Defender is the F35 of Star Wars. You know some exec from Sinear fresh out of a tour at Empire DoD was slipping Vader some kickbacks and over-charging for it.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Small Gay Planet posted:

I dont know much about exhaust ports but it seems like there would be poo poo inside it like barriers, mesh grids, weird corners and turns, which would detonate the torpedoes and blow up some poor intern long before it got to a very sensitive area

Unless it was a long, smooth, completely straight and empty cavernous tunnel all the way to something explosive enough to take out a moon sized space station

Just follow the ring into the empty, cavernous tunnel. You can't miss it.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

galagazombie posted:

I'll say it even though everyone likes to jack off to it, the TIE Defender sucks. It's Coldsteel the Hedgehog in spaceship form and an edgy teen self insert. Its design is lazy, being "more panels equals more better" without thought to aesthetics. It is thematically inappropriate going against the Independence vs Disposability theme of Rebels vs Empire. And it is a total Mary-Sue of a ship from a playground fight. "Nuh Unh! My ship is the fastest and the most shielded and the most powerful and can beat all the other ships!" And of course it's Imperial because edgy teens have to root for the badguys.

Sounds like someone is mad they couldn’t get into the Emperor’s secret order

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

It never crossed my mind that Vader's ship is a TIE Advanced :psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Snow Cone Capone posted:

That whole trilogy was so weird, it introduced some great characters and is highly venerated in the old canon, but goddamn did it have some stupid poo poo like the extra-vowel clones, Thrawn's "by analyzing this race's paintings I can identify their greatest weaknesses" BS, etc.

oh man I forgot about those

Luuuuuuuke