Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Casu Marzu posted:

The Assault Gunboat from the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games was also pretty loving dope

Xg-1 Star Wing represent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I haven't seen B5 but I really like the idea of nose art on starfighters

gently caress yeah I love the Thunderbolt

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

why do goons love to talk about this loving plane so much

it rules

It's our Y-Wing.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

ninjahedgehog posted:

Yeah I assume so -- they gave it a shot with the blasters at first but only when that didn't work did Luke tell Wedge and co. it was time to go to plan B.

I think my favorite part of the Hoth sequence actually isn't the ground battle though, it's that dipshit Star Destroyer captain who has this pithy quip all lined up right before he gets completely loving clowned by the ion cannon. :hellyeah:

Presumably one of the X-wing pilots had his rear end cheeks pressed up against the canopy window as they breezed on by.

Good, our first catch of the day.

Immortalized for 13 year old me by his place in the X-Wing intro.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

dupersaurus posted:

It never crossed my mind that Vader's ship is a TIE Advanced :psyboom:

it was the prototype TIE Advanced

the production ones had cutouts on the front and back of the panels