Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

And now, for my favorite Star Wars ship. I present to you, the one, the only...

Koensayr BTL-A4 Y-Wing
Art by Andreas Bazylewski

Look, I can't tell you why I love the Y-Wing so much. Even in-canon it's an aging, outdated fighter, often serving as little more than prey for Imperial squadrons. Difficult to maintain and often forced to fly without its signature ion turret, the Y-Wing's sole redeeming factors are that it's cheap, it's tough, and it can carry a lot of ordnance. But aesthetically, the Y-Wing's simple and angular design has always appealed to me, and I relished the chance to fly it in video games like Rogue Squadron and often flew four of them in the modern X-Wing miniatures game.

Ah yes, good to see a fellow in the art of starfighters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I want a lego model of the t16 sky hopper even though idk where I’d put it

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

the aethersprite is cute :3:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Squizzle posted:

the sequels tho, they dont have any coherent idea of what the historical parallel they might want to evoke. the only thing they try to look like is the original trilogy

EXACTLY THIS

sequels acknowledge nothing except “hurrrrrrr star wars :hurr:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Who What Now posted:

The one good thing to come out of the sequels is the U-Wing Gunship

There's something about it that I really like. It's sleek but also kinda beefy looking, and the scene of the door Gunner laying down fire as it dropped off troops was cool.

oooooo

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

dupersaurus posted:

Uh excuse me

How can one thread be so wrong?

a wing suuuuucks

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

zoux posted:

What's so good about B-wings exactly and also do they actually appear in any of the movies

they are like the most glorious ankh made of pyoo and boom given metal flesh

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

One of the rebellion's most well armed star fighters, the B-Wing has been personally designed by Admiral Ackbar. The B-Wing supports an array of weapons including Ion canons, Proton Torpedo launchers and laser canons. Because the cockpit is surrounded by a unique gyro-stabilization system, the pilot always remains stationary, even as the rest of the ship rotates during flight.

bullshit that’s a lie it was by that one alien in rebels!!!!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

loving god the tie defender is ugly as poo poo.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Lookin like a Wikipedia article about dodecahedrons.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

the front of a y-wing looks like a speeder

i want a y-wing that breaks apart to become a speeder :unsmigghh: that would be badass

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

i call it the m-wing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:hellyeah: