Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

nine-gear crow posted:

Also give me my TIE Defender, you pricks.

xg-1 star wing or bust

Bogus Adventure posted:

Rebels solved it

i think it was always gyroscopic, or at least that's how it's been described since the early days of the old eu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

I bought a hotas for this (and for Ace Combat 7) and it immediately started developing a rightward drift so that sucks.

I have a ticket open with Thrustmaster to see if it can be fixed or if I'll have to return it and get a new one but COVID made the response times almost two week from initial ticket. :argh:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

nine-gear crow posted:

That would be a good place to shove in the V-Wing or E-Wing as a suitable Rebel counterpart, yeah.

e: The old V-Wing, I mean, from Rogue Squadron, not the current canon one. That one looks like poo poo.

this looks like a ripoff of the Cylon raider from 1978 Battlestar Galactica

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

hard counter posted:

i think it was always gyroscopic, or at least that's how it's been described since the early days of the old eu

This is correct. Even the old action fleet B-Wings had 360 rotation around the cockpit.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

this looks like a ripoff of the Cylon raider from 1978 Battlestar Galactica

the V wing was the predecessor to the tie-fighter, it had no hyperdrive, although the shape definitely seems like it inspired the a-wing. (apparently they are of contemporary design though)

sadly e-wing is now solidly in legends canon. (and probably too OP)

I'm sure modders will go nuts and add literally every single starfighter nanoseconds after the game releases.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Personally, I like the Clone Wars-era V-Wing.

It looks slick and serves as the predecessor for the A-Wing. Also, it gives the R2 unit some armor to keep it from getting domed in a dogfight.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Bogus Adventure posted:

Personally, I like the Clone Wars-era V-Wing.

It looks slick and serves as the predecessor for the A-Wing. Also, it gives the R2 unit some armor to keep it from getting domed in a dogfight.

as above, the a-wing and v-wing are contemporary, both were first used at the end of the clone wars. v-wing is actually predecessor to the tie fighter.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
The R2 tent is VERY cute.

Plumps
Apr 21, 2010
has anyone put the mission briefing voices into one of those voice cloning programs?

seems like they'd be pretty easy to do - always speaking at the same level, speed etc about a limited range of things, everything already transcribed

combine with the mission editor and you've got an infinite supply of (near) original quality missions

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I thought it was a nice effect for the game menus to be done to be like you're in a ship and looking at a bunch of doorways to go next. Immersive, but without being obnoxious about trying to actually simulate the player in 3D space and needing to give you extra UI for using the UI. Just a light effect.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Posted this guy I made in the Star Wars thread thought itd fit in here too

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I play the 2015 Battlefield game almost every night.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Just the beat the original campaign for the first time some of the missions dragged on a bit but overall it owned.
First mission right after is uhhhhhhhhhhhh hard.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

hard counter posted:

xg-1 star wing or bust

Of all the stuff they've chosen to drag back up, it's weird the gunboats are still not on screen somewhere.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Madurai posted:

Of all the stuff they've chosen to drag back up, it's weird the gunboats are still not on screen somewhere.

No solar panels

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Ok managed to get lucky and dedtroy the missile launchers on raptor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

hard counter posted:

xg-1 star wing or bust

It was gyroscopic in the b-wing expansion for the XWing game. You could spin it to make spirals of lovely ion blasts but usually directly above worked well, depending which direction you would pull the stick to follow craft.

Overall it was a ship great at taking out ISD’s and awful at everything else.