Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Kind of weird that the ultimate star fighter in TIE Fighter wasn’t a type of TIE Fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
TIE Fighter is a better game than X-Wing, but playing TIE Fighter and then years later getting to play the Battle of Yavin blew my mind.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

HootTheOwl posted:

Is it x wing alliance where you get to do the battle of endor?

Yes. X-Wing has Yavin divided into two missions. First you clear the surface defenses and four hangars, then there’s the trench run.

X-Wing Alliance has Endor divided into four missions. First fight the initial TIE Fighter attack. Then there’s an extremely short mission to cripple the Executor’s bridge. Then you fight off a bunch more fighters and a Star Destroyer before making it to a rally point. Last is the tunnel run, which has this sort of quiet but tense energy that versions of it in other video games didn’t have.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Death happened if your ejector seat was damaged before you got shot down. I think capture happened on the pretty good chance you were close to enemy craft.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The early mission where you had to carry a container that could die to splash damage from a concussion mission while fighting off TIEs was kind of bullshit.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Right now I’d settle for a new Rogue Squadron, hopefully without the rehashes of the movies and weird dumb gimmick sequences.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Are there any sites that do deep dives into the game? I remember farting around in the mission in the seventh battle where you find out Zaarin when he attacks you as you mop up Haarkov’s fleet. After a while, the other Imperial forces turn on you, and there’s even some scripted lines of Darth Vader asking if you’re a traitor. I’d like to find out more about stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Muppetjedi posted:

I always hated the mission where you had to protect your sister while she hacked some satellites.

That one did suck. There weren’t a lot of enemies once your sister left your ship, but made more frustrating because it felt like I should be doing better at killing, IIRC, an assault transport and a smattering of Zero-G Stormtroopers.