Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

It was a good game, but I think the best SW game was Star Wars Rebellion which is available on GoG and runs terribly on anything that isn't Windows 98.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Sombrerotron posted:

You (probably?) joke, but Rebellion did have some great mechanics that I'd love to see repeated (with better balancing and especially better AI), to wit:

- hyperspace travel that can take very long and is (ordinarily) invisible to the enemy
- planets' allegiance being determined by popular support, which could be strongly affected by events elsewhere
- field agents turning traitor and sabotaging missions if the war goes badly
- a perpetual information fog of war where you're almost always working with outdated intelligence

Rebellion was wonderfully strategic and really felt like playing galactic chess when you were up against a human opponent who did not behave as predictably as the computer.

I was being extremely honest, I absolutely loved Rebellion when I was younger. I never played against another human though so my experience was mainly getting into a position where I could cheese the AI and then cheesing the AI. But I agree, despite the main UI being a big window on the galaxy I felt that fog of war was a major player in the game. Unless you got lucky with espionage (or had dozens of espionage agents hanging out in orbit over an enemy planet) you rarely knew where the enemy's characters or fleets were.