Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Madurai posted:

The series' greatest gift to us was the Assault Gunboat, and it's the thing I want to see recanonized more than anything else. GET ON IT, FILONI !

I think it was by ffg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Don Dongington posted:

Sithwave is pretty kickass. Star Wars sequels not so much.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ItBreathes posted:

So this and the armada threat have me wondering, are there any games where you're directing fleet-scale battles in 3d space?

Homeworld?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

TremorX posted:

and absolutely fugly.
Shut the gently caress up

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Tie Defender is like the second best looking TIE next to the Interceptor.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mllaneza posted:

I just finished reading one of the new novels, Alphabet Squadron and this would make a fantastic DLC campaign. It's got a lot of starfighter action (Alphabet Squadron has one each A-, B-, U-, X-, and Y-wing) and I swear the author has played a LOT of the X-wing series because I visualize the action with the game UI overlaid.

Good book too, check it out.

And yet, no T, H, or K wing?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

AlternateNu posted:

Or E-Wing, which actually had a toy. :v:

Hot Take: E wings are rebel TIE Defenders.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Nebalebadingdong posted:

false because e wings are ugly as poo poo

If you take two wings off an X wing you get an E wing. If you take those wings and convert them to TIE solar arrays you get the third wing to slap onto an interceptor to make a defender.
Duh.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Nebalebadingdong posted:

if you take two wings off an x wing you get a z-95

i think that's even canon lol

Nah because the Z95 wings are flat but the E wing is kinda curved so they have the positioning of a X wing.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
More tie avengers!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dr Christmas posted:

TIE Fighter is a better game than X-Wing, but playing TIE Fighter and then years later getting to play the Battle of Yavin blew my mind.

Is it x wing alliance where you get to do the battle of endor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Madurai posted:

Of all the stuff they've chosen to drag back up, it's weird the gunboats are still not on screen somewhere.

No solar panels