Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
An extremely formative game in my youth, one of my absolute favorites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

There was a project for a while underway for a TIE Fighter Total Conversion using X-Wing Alliance. I know it had a workable demo, but I don't think all the missions made it in.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Did X-Wing have the adaptive music, too? That always stuck out with me with TIE Fighter.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Mr. Grapes! posted:

Same thing in Solo - the part I was most looking forward to was him actually being a TIE fighter pilot or something (I have never read a book, so I am only vaguely aware of his backstory). Instead we get the Somme in Space which was to me at least the most interesting part of the movie but it is over so quickly and back to the usual nonsense.

There was a deleted scene about his TIE training, it's out there. Also the Solo: Imperial Cadet comic goes into a lot more.

Also you should read the TIE Fighter comics run they did last year (ties into Alphabet Squadron) was really good.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

It works fine as-is, I have the GOG edition.

But you could make it better: https://xwaupgrade.com/