Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«27 »
Some Goon
Jan 6, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

nine-gear crow posted:

It got six seasons and it ended on its own terms even after ABC begged them to keep it going for another like three years. Lost went out on basically at the top of the world.

Shows what I know. Half right though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
how about we just not have the toilet cthulhu

Honestly I'm surprised all the 'mystery box' criticisms turned out to be exactly right.

Heroes was more turbofucked by the writer's strike iirc, but then even after they had no excuse was still a dumpster fire.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Heroes was more turbofucked by the writer's strike iirc, but then even after they had no excuse was still a dumpster fire.

Heroes was always bad but that's a topic for another thread (That thread would be "Heroes: It Sucked" or "Heroes: They Named the Japanese Hero Hiro, That's What We're Dealing With")

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hey if its good enough for Daikatana and Snow Crash, its good enough for Heroes

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

"When I started here all there was was lampshade warehouses and leather bars, the serious leather bars where you wouldn't get in unless you had a rubber ball stuffed in your mouth, the wine list was tattooed on the bartender's face. That kind of place."

-Bogus Adventure

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Honestly I'm surprised all the 'mystery box' criticisms turned out to be exactly right.

Heroes got really bad really fast. The first season was fun, but it spiraled way out of control with the dumb circus villains.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The writer's strike hosed it over a fair bit, but honestly all I think it did was expose the cracks a little sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

Horizon Burning posted:

I actually watched Rise of Skywalker the other day and holy God that film was bad. Every single shot and sequence felt like it was playing at 1.2x speed. The loving Greg Grunberg dramatic death. Kylo saying 'ow.' Palpatine shooting lightning into the sky. I AM ALL THE JEDI. Just a horrible film.

I saw it the other day for the first time and one of the things that struck me was that the editing was completely botched in several scenes. When they have that speeder chase and everyone lamely repeats the "they can fly now?" line, I thought the scene cut away to a different one a few times because there were gaps in the scene as long as some of the ones between scenes earlier in the movie. Pretty sad that the movie is so hectic that the only thing that can slow it down is sloppy editing in what is supposed to be frenetic.

The above could have been written better but I'm no master of screenwriting jargon and I'm too tired to bother fixing it up

just like J.J. Abrams, I guess

«27 »