Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Sanguinia posted:

According to LEGENDS LORE, there are 67 total "major," shipyards in the known Star Wars Galaxy, by which I would assume means Shipyards capable of building Capital Ships. 31 of those were nationalized exclusively for the Imperial state, 30 were still under civilian control but within the Imperial umbrella, and 6 were completely unaffiliated with the Empire.

Of the 61 under Imperial authority, 27 were tasked exclusively with the construction and maintenance of Imperial-class Star Destroyers, with another 18 devoting a portion of their output to those same vessels.

The Empire also maintained two mobile hyperspace-capable shipyard facilities called "Deepdocks," in each Imperial sector, but the majority of those were only capable of working with smaller vessels, capping out their capacity at the Victory-class Star Destroyer.

So I would say no, not just anyone could start playing the Capital Ship Game on a whim. These are pretty significant infrastructure investments.

i guess i need to re-read my essential guide to vehicles and vessels, because i remember pretty much everything being built by kdy, incom, and mon cal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

theyre great fun to make fun of, anyhow