Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I was fine with most of the story bits on paper but it absolutely should have been two movies—ideally Disney would have actually planned out the trilogy in advance but making it a quintet instead of a trilogy would have worked too. Nothing gets built up to, it just happens and then we’re immediately rushed to the next setpiece because we don’t have time to let anything breathe. The opening crawl just being like “oh hey guys Palpatine is back” is the most obvious thing but the whole movie is like that.

This, really. ep 9 feels like two and a half movies' worth of Star Wars Things happening crammed into the runtime of one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

And even that you can watch Palpy’s Fornite message on YouTube. It’s basically just ten seconds of Ian McDiarmid going “I’m back bitches, gently caress The Last Jedi!”

Honestly Ian McDiarmid hamming out is the best gift Star Wars has ever given us. The man's straight up fun to watch go into full cackling villain mode.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Agnostalgia posted:

The only moral of the last jedi is that you can have a poorly trained neural network write a movie and a woodchipper edit it and it'll still make a billion dollars if its from a big enough franchise.

The moral of rise of skywalker is that if you do this too many times in a row you might only get $900 million.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

dudeness posted:

I mean, he was a senator, if you wanna know what his d&b look like just become an intern.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

2house2fly posted:

It was something like:

-Make Rey feel hunted and under pressure by trying to kill her, this will make her vulnerable to the dark side and she'll unleash her full power to protect herself
-When Rey gets to Exogol, persuade her to kill the Emperor so that through some dark side thing his soul will enter her body, so he'll be young and strong again
-Now Kylo is here and it turns out they have some kind of bond?
-Oh wow you can just drain their life force directly from the bond
-This is way better

it would have been more fun if it had gone all the way and un-hosed up his face to drive home how much better this worked out for him

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Cease to Hope posted:

come and post with us in prequeldome! they're all bad posts but it's a good time

cease to hope you're a good poster and i've considered you one since Mechwarrior Online

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Cease to Hope posted:

what can i say, i'm a sucker for tragic revivals of 80s nerd poo poo

I honestly don't think the sequel trilogy went quite as bad as MWO

I mean they didn't try to sell a five hundred dollar gold-plated x-wing or tie fighter

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Cease to Hope posted:

you have not even begun to plumb the depths of star wars collector poo poo, i see

more like they didn't make them the centerpiece of the marketing

i mean of course there's tons of super expensive star wars bullshit for Blue Story or whatever her name was, but the golden mechs were so obviously a cash grab and came right after the double-whammy of Clans and GHOST HEAT: THE MAGNUM OPUS so it felt worse to me.

also i was playing mwo back when that happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
zori felt like them trying to do captain phasma again and make 'boba fett but a girl' because that was the stated intent of phasma and then she got literally dumpstered and did nothing cool then they were surprised by their cool female villain not getting over with the fans