Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

TremorX posted:

A character recommends hyperspace ramming Exegol and they're all like "nah that was a ONE IN A MILLION THING" instead of leaning into it, JJ wishes he'd thought of it

literally everyone who has thought about star wars for five minutes has determined that there must be something in-universe about hyperspace travel that prevents this from being a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

But enough about your sex life

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

zoux posted:

Did they ever explain how Luke's lightsaber ended up with the myopic alien lady

lol what do you think

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

C-Euro posted:

The biggest Star Wars nerd (self-proclaimed) that I know hated TLJ and said that TROS "redeemed the sequel trilogy" for him. Sadly I hadn't seen it yet when he said because I would have loved to take a deeper dive into that.

i kinda feel the same way tbh

TROS wasn't great as a movie but it was a lot better than TLJ as a star wars story

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

If anything, Holdo was too nice to Poe. Doing what he did (storming the bridge and yelling in the admiral's face to demand information in a threatening manner, then calling her a "traitor" and "coward" in front of everyone because he saw only a small portion of her preparations out of context) normally gets you dragged out by several burly men and throw in a cell where you can't talk to anybody.

yeah, literally a capital crime in just about any wartime military

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Saint Drogo posted:

Holdo badly needed to be established in TFA or just merged with Leia for this drama to work. the audience actually has opinions & investment in Poe, Holdo has nothing but Laura Dern for us to care about.

yeah, introducing new characters all over the place where an OT character would work much better seriously hurt the ST

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

i get that this is a sarcastic shitpost but by TROS there are like a dozen "main" characters and it's just too much

even TLJ feels the need to stop every so often and check in on what's chewbacca's doing

i wasn't being sarcastic. throughout the ST i pretty much only cared about the OT characters, kylo, and maybe rey

i couldn't even figure out why i was supposed to give a poo poo about poe or finn, much less 30 minor characters they think we're going to dress as for halloween

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

When the two ladies kissed at the end of TROS several people in my theater made angry noises

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Trying to humanize the Jedi and view them from a modern/post-modern lens of deconstructing stark dichotomies was a huge mistake. Leave them wise mysterious space monks who are the good guys imo

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

do they loving eat lightning 3x a day or

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

the emperor on exegol posing with a huuuuuge radish

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Tulip posted:

Tyranny did "whole army where murdering your superior officer was OK" and it was...unstable.

the romans had that system too in a way. turns out most soldiers just want to get paid, who knew

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Bargearse posted:

Rose needed a lot more to do

Rose was a cheesy addition to a movie that already had too many loving main characters and it seems like jj agreed

Too bad he just went and added a bunch more anyway lol

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

i had blocked the extremely kingdom of the crystal skull chase scene on han's freighter from my memory

i'm assuming that's where red manta ray face guy comes from, hell if i remember

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

"team of rivals"

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Mooey Cow posted:

I mean I doubt that the actual DS2 reactor vented directly into Sheev's throne room, that would be a massive OSHA violation.

have you seen the walkways on death stars

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

love that canon is now coming in the form of bitstrips voiced by a 10th grade theater class

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Doublestep posted:

his uncle tried to pwn him while he was good boy tucked into bed

happens to the best of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

paalpatine