Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

on the other hand, it's possible that phantom menace caused 9/11

yeah bin laden got the idea from anakin flying into the trade federation ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

world trade center

trade federation

bin laden

jar jar binks

:tinfoil:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

nostalgia for the OT was a big factor in why people liked episode 1 at the time, yes. the consensus that i remember was basically "well, it's not as good as the originals...but there's a lot of potential for the setting, and it still felt like 'star wars'"

i think it's harder to be generous to it now partially because episodes 2 and 3 squandered any good will toward the prequel setting as a whole. maybe if lucas had held the course on darth jar jar things could have been less of a mess, but of course there are a lot of problems with 2 & 3 that would have been present regardless, like the premature transition to digital filming and the overreliance on green screen that left the actors acting in a void with no living people or actual environment.

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 1, 2021

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

Eh, we had a thread for that. And CD still has a thread for that I think. And they both sucked. Let's not make this that thread again.

i can't parse what "that" is in this post

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Blood Boils posted:

Arguing about star wars

Love it or hate it or both, it's great fun! hence all the threads and posts goons have made over the years and forums

what would Dome be without arguing about star wars

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Bogus Adventure posted:

Oof, I loving HATED the EU doing poo poo like this. Lol at that book that made every person in the Mos Eisley cantina a super important player in the galaxy and stories like Skippy the R5 that blew its motivator on purpose to let R2 meet up with Luke. As if that place wasn't loaded with washed up moisture farmers or Hutt minions looking to drown their sorrows in a misty pint of space beer.

the cantina stories are actually way more fun than most of the other books. all of the short story anthologies are pretty decent actually

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Bogus Adventure posted:

See, stories about Dengar and Bossk make sense because, well, it makes sense that the Empire would spend bank to catch the people responsible for blowing up Tarkin and his pet project.

Also, Dengar is still my favorite hero from the 2015 Battlefront

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMBpwpDJ0gk

congrats, you are the #1 dengar fan in the world by default

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I mean, rampant inequality on the fringes of the Republic is kind of a recurring theme. Geonosis is basically the Separatists' third world sweatshop.

yeah the thing is that the separatists are basically composed of the "sith faction" that was built by the sith lords prior to sidious (mostly investment bankers :capitalism:), the people they exploit, and the people that dooku has talked around ideologically or by promising better treatment than the republic has given them. in gathering all of these people together into a faction engineered to lose, palpatine pretty much gathered the wealthiest and the most idealistic people into one place so he could own them and take their stuff

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

execute order 42069

*every clone immediately tunes into joe rogan*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Order 1 was an order in the Catperial Army and Navy. The order stated that all available forces were required to pursue any traitor who attempted to take control of a planet important to the Catpire.
https://swfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Order_1