Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I seriously canít believe how bad that movie is. I even had some fun with Solo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

To his credit, he also seemed like he hated TFA

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

ESB specifically contrives a scenario where the Falcon has no hyperdrive, and has to travel to another system at much slower sub-light speeds, to give Luke an excuse to spend weeks/months with Yoda.

Now, in reality sub-light speeds would never get you anywhere. But the movie does make a point of saying that this trip is going to take way longer than what we saw in the previous movie.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I donít even dislike TLJ, but this doesnít work. Itís not a flawless movie.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Or just sending one ship to another destination, as they did, but to call for help, which was the reason the main fleet was going to that salt planet?

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

karmicknight posted:

I thought Harrison Ford was done with Star Wars after Empire?

He wasnít even guaranteed for Empire, thatís why Splinter of the Mindís Eye (based off an early potential sequel script) doesnít include Han

Not sure why that quote is getting so much traction right now, pretty sure that interview was like a year ago

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Yo i hate this shirt

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Disney tried to push back on the phrase ďbaby yodaĒ iirc, in favor of The Child

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Isnít babu frik onscreen to murder threepio, which all the protagonists laugh at, and it turns out it wasnít necessary anyway since the new droid had the info anyway

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I think having Rey be no one and discover that she needs to define her life on her own terms was the best possible outcome for that mystery box

Did anyone actually give a poo poo who snoke was? Lol

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Yea, I really donít need Star Wars to become a battle of Galactic Citizens vs The Other. Thatís not Star Wars and itís not what I want to see in 2020 either. Disney would absolutely never subvert it either, itíd just be unholy mobs getting slaughtered by righteous fascists like in Avengers

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

feedmegin posted:

He has a habit of making poo poo up after the fact though.

He was saying this in interviews in the late 70s. Itís in his early script notes that were scanned in for those big books that came out recently. The whole reason he made the movie is because Apocalypse Now didnít work out for him.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Someone made a fan comic out of the leaked script

http://awinegarner.squarespace.com/duel-of-the-fates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

indigi posted:

where did he get Mace Windu's light saber

Maz Kanata

Edit: gdi