Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
How did Kylo Ren get back to exogol, when a) he broke the wayfinder and b) tie/ln are not equipped with hyperdrives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Who made the dagger? When did they make the dagger?
And did they need a loving pointer to "the throne room"?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ItBreathes posted:

Innate sith knowledge / force link to Rey. First Order TIEs have hyperdrives. The whole trilogy made a mess of cannon, but with Disney de-cannonizing everything not on film I guess you could argue that TIEs don't canonically not have a hyperdrive anymore.

It's not a first order TIE because he finds it after abandoning the first order while at Endor. Also the coloring is off when he lands.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Rock My Socks! posted:

the audio was kind of hosed up/muffled in my theater, so every time someone said “Exagol” it sounded vaguely like “testicle”

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

nine-gear crow posted:

Hey! An ejector seat can be considered a life support system if you think about it.

It's true. From a certain point of view.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

They don’t need them because Imperial pilots and stormtroopers wear enclosed spacesuits, as opposed to the Rebels who just have to hope that their canopy never gets punctured

I think he was laughing because Kylo didn't have a space suit.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Man, I can't believe you can thwart the Sith possession ritual that requires you to cut down the master Sith if you do it with two lightsabers. Suprised no one thought of that.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm starting to think that JJ Abrams isn't good.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
She also kills him anyways, so ritual complete, I guess.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Thermos H Christ posted:

I haven’t seen RoS, does it explain how Anakin’s lightsaber got from a bottomless pit in cloud city to the basement of some CGI minion lady’s cantina in the first place?

Or how it got fixed when she didn't end up with both halves? No.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The worst thing to happen to Jedi was the prequels in like a hundred different ways.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

2house2fly posted:

The worst thing that ever happened to the Jedi was Order 66

Yeah I said so in the prequildome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

nine-gear crow posted:

Also the Mandalorian came along a week later and did the "comic relief droid heroically sacrifices himself for the sake of his friends and their mission" bit WAY better AND stuck the landing on it perfectly, making the C-3PO subplot in ROS look that much more dumber and hollower in comparison.

Did it though? I thought the ending of the Mandalorian fell flat because it seems like the force makes it so no stormtrooper can ever hit their mark so when IG-11 sacrifices himself it seems unnecessary because first, the troopers come off as incompetent for the whole episode and then he just gets to walk into the middle of all of them then why not just throw the grenade into the middle of them?