Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Well, I guess now that Sequeldome is back, it should be pointed out that a study was done recently analyzing over 1 million tweets and 1,000 YouTube videos talking about Star Wars, and it turns out that the people who are screaming the loudest about Star Wars on the internet are all alt-right assholes who have clear problems with women and people of colour existing.

Weird, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

Thankfully extremely aggressive blocks and de-recommending on my part has made that mostly stop happening. I still get fed into one from time to time. Oddly its become much more common when I look up Comic Books than anything else, which makes me think that the proportion of Comic Book Content Creators who are alt-right shitheads is significantly higher.

Ethan van Sciver, he of the "literal sketch book full of drawing of Hitler that he hid in his desk while working for DC Comics on his run of Green Lantern", really kinda ripped the mask off a sizeable swath of the industry and fandom on his way to blacklist oblivion.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

He tried to explain it away as "Oh, it's just reference material for Sinestro", but according to the people who actually saw said book, like Gail Simone, it was incredibly :staredog:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FunkyAl posted:

I wonder how many of them got money from bisney from creating you tube videos

Oh I've no doubt Disney secretly loves these urinal masked and Nazi Furry avatar'd dinguses just as much as they all secretly love Disney because they keep eachothers names in people's heads. Meanwhile the Mouse reels in another few billion dollars a year off the patronage of normal people and TheKommandantMouse92x reels in about 10k a year off of the terminally online who are mad about all the normal people enjoying Star Wars or whatever.

It's a wheel.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Not Star Wars related, but you remember how we talked earlier about Ethan Van Sciver having a sketchbook full of drawings of Hilter and how he got blacklisted by the entire professional comics industry for being a horrifying racist? Well...

https://twitter.com/rewritingripley/status/1372626199969554434

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

indigi posted:

none of this EU nonsense can explain why Palpy had a thousand+ of the things just chilling ready to go

Well, Kuat Drive Yards could crank out like about 1,000 Star Destroyers a year, so in the 30 years between Return of the Jedi and Rise of Skywalker, you could feasibly get like 30,000 Imperial-Is, But With Death Star Cannons, I Guess made... the only problem is that the only place with the kind of facilities to build a fleet like that is the orbital ring around Kuat itself, which would have been in New Republic hands from the Battle of Jakku onward, or at least under Republic observation, so it would have been fairly common knowledge that KDY was cranking out old Imperial-Is by the crateload and they were all jumping away immediately to some weird unknown part of the galaxy.

Just...

Exegol is dumb. It's the only part of the Sequels you really can't do anything to try and explain and make it better. The more you think about it, the worse it gets.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

Its not that hard, Exegol was out in the Unknown Regions, where the Rakatan Infinite Empire's core world's were. That part of the lore is still canon, they brought it up in that Resistance cartoon, just say he found a Star Forge out there.

"It's going to take HOW long to build all of them? ...Eh, gently caress it, I'm not going anywhere for a while anyway."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mooey Cow posted:

I heard the reason Sheev has 1000 Star Destroyers with dicks is because the film was so rushed they didn't have time to make something new and just took whatever 3D models they had on hand and they happened to have a detalied ISD from Rogue 1.

They also procedurally generated like 90% of the civilian calvary fleet in order to crank out 10000 "unique" ships for the climax that no one really saw or cared about anyway.

I also think they let an AI procedurally generate the script too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Someone's idea of them all being ghost ships crewed by stormtrooper ghosts in broken hosed up armor fueled by Sheev was way radder

That would have been balls out awesome and would have been a much better way to establish how powerful post-death Palpatine had become and what a pure spite gremlin he really was at heart, with him willing an entire fleet and army of corpses to move at his command through his anger alone like a the puppet master he is.

Shame this movie didn't have a better writer and director, because there were some actually salvageable parts to it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Robot Style posted:

I think something like that was actually in the cards at some point.

Originally, Palpatine was resurrected beneath the Jedi temple on Coruscant, which had been abandoned. At some point, they just moved his whole setup to Exegol instead, so I think that the original explanation for where he got all those cultists to hang out at his stadium and run his star destroyers was that they were the people of Coruscant who'd slowly become corrupted by his presence over time.

That would have been a better way to bring this all full circle instead of Random Sith Planet. Also it's apparently canon now that Palpy made the Jedi Temple into the Imperial Palace, so he spent like 20 years living, eating, sleeping, and making GBS threads in the house of all his dead enemies like it was the universe's longest endzone dance.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

indigi posted:

he got pwned by a newblet, how powerful was he

Twice :eng101: He got owned not once, but twice by two different idiot teenagers in the span of 40 years. The second time because she got the bright idea to make an X with two lightsabers and that loving fried him right back to space hell.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

Yeah, I did like that they tried taking risks with the combat system. It's just that having it follow the odd gambit system of XII felt like the series was taking more and more control away from the player.

Then XV came around and lol

Lightning Returns did something partway worthwhile with XIII's combat system, but by that point people were so checked out on that sub-series that only the diehards were still around to actually appreciate it.

At least Final Fantasy VII Remake took what worked from XV's combat and build a good game around it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Robot Style posted:

Abrams replaced Trevorrow 3 months before TLJ came out - would there have even been any backlash at that point?

Aside from the already present undercurrent of "little white cuck ball" wackos who'd go on to capitalize on the outrage The Last Jedi would inspire to catch and radicalize as many newly cracked nerd brains as they could, no. The Rise of Skywalker turned out how it did because Tervorrow getting bounced right before TLJ came out led to all his pre-production work on Duel of the Fates getting chucked into a woodchipper on his way out the door. This mean that The Rise of Skywalker spent basically its entire production cycle under the cloud of nerdrage The Last Jedi kicked up, and that helped influence the film to its ultimate detriment.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
We have transcended beyond the Sequels and the Prequels now. The thread must reflect this new paradigm. It must be renamed simply "Dome".

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

josh04 posted:

Checkpoint guard looks up and sees a DOME, writes "Dome" in for thread surname.

"Who are your people?"

"I... I don't have any people. I'm all alone."

"Alone, eh? So--"

"I mean I come from that dome over there, if that's what you're asking."

"Hmm."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CainFortea posted:

:vince:

Were you working on it the whole time? Or were you able to just whip this up fast?

I had a PSD ready for Star Wars Let's Play that may or may never actually get made, so I quickly repurposed it so it literally too me longer to write the post than it did to gently caress with the fonts and angles on it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

indigi posted:

how do we feel about SMG’s Mace Windu Challenge or whatever it was called

"Don't?"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

Let's leave Cine_D shenanigans in Cine_D

I enjoy this subforum because it is a chill posting place. There also seems to be a general agreement that what you like is subjective, so people are going to disagree on what is good and what isn't. For the most part, I feel like those disagreements generate funny shitposts (like thinking up video game and rpg rules to fix the sequels, and posting Gungan cheesecake images).

I've long since come to the conclusion that bitching about the Sequels/Prequels/EU/Other Disney films is beyond tedious and is usually one of the markers that you're an absolute humorless bore of a person who probably smells like cheese of one sort or another. So I always try to at least make people laugh as I scream endlessly into the digital void about how I walked away from The Rise of Skywalker more miserable than I'd ever been at any point since the day my father died because it sucked that bad.

So I'm happy to oblige in that regard.

Also that Jar-Jar image is bad. Why did you curse us with it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

It's good...

From a certain point of view...

:smugdog:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

What would have happened if Anakin had just chucked his lightsaber at Obi-Wan like a spear. Like just hoofed it center-mass right at his chest using the Force?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

In the EU, Luke got his Mommy Milky from a hot redhead rather than a sexy space seal.

Again, I like to think that Luke and Mara hooked up in the new canon as well, and her dumping him was a big part of the reason he went to go hide and sulk on Ahch To with the fish nuns.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

indigi posted:

what was the DOTF story supposed to be

Kylo Ren and the First Order enact a communications blackout across the entire galaxy to further the spread of the First Order. The Resistance discovers that some piece of ancient Jedi tech on Coruscant can act as a beacon and overcome the blackout, allowing the scattered Resistance cells to co-ordinate, but the First Order has made Coruscant its new capital, so getting in there is near impossible. Meanwhile, Kylo is pissed that Luke rope-a-doped him and Rey told him to gently caress off at the end of The Last Jedi so he goes looking for more Sith artifacts to make himself even more powerful. He finds an old holocron from Palpatine in Vader's castle on Mustafar where Palpy's like "Yo, Vader, if you're seeing this it means I'm probably 100% actually dead and not coming back in any way possible, if that's the case, go take Luke to see this guy called Tor Valum, he's a Sith monster who taught me and Darth Plageius everything we knew. That'll get him really jazzed on the dark side. K, bye." and the holocron explodes in Kylo's face and burtally scars him, because even from beyond the grave our boy Sheev is a massive asswipe. All the while Luke is there taunting Kylo as a Force Ghost like he promised to at the end of TLJ. Luke also tells Rey about Kylo's plans because he's been continuing to teach her Jedi poo poo as a ghost.

Rey and Poe go off to hunt Kylo down and kill him, and Finn and Rose head to Coruscant to turn on the beacon. Rey and Poe have a one night stand because... I don't know, their only interaction across three movies up to this point is saying hello to each other. She then mind tricks him and goes off to face Kylo alone. Rose gets captured by Hux and Finn winds up alone in the lower levels of Coruscant. Finn inspires a Stormtrooper and general public uprising, and Rose manages to escape in the chaos and hack all the First Order Star Destroyers in orbit to spin around hyperspace jump directly into Coruscant's sun, wiping out their capital fleet. They turn on the Jedi beacon and broadcast Leia's message to Obi-Wan from A New Hope to the galaxy because nostalgia. Everyone across the galaxy rises up and takes out the rest of the First Order off screen. Hux kills himself with Mace Windu's lightsaber because it turns out he was actually a Jedi weeb this whole time.

Rey and Kylo fight and he tells her that he killed her parents. He also blinds her with his lightsaber and she has to do some cool Force Sense poo poo to try and beat him, but it's not enough. He begins to drain her life force from her like Palpy does in Rise of Skywalker, but is interrupted by Leia reaching out to him through the Force. She's like "come on, Ben, it's the end of the last movie. Stop being evil." and he's like "...Okay." Leia then dies, having blasted her son with a bunch of Redemption Energy, and Ben uses all his life force to revive Rey, heal her eyes, and then tell her with his dying breath that her name is actually Rey Solana. Rey's like "Cool, I guess," and leaves with Force Ghost Luke and Poe.

The epilogue shows Rey opening up a new "Something Other Than The Jedi, Because The Jedi Actually Kinda Sucked" Academy with new students including the Broom Kid from the end of TLJ, and she's together with Finn (who is indeed a Jedi in this version) and Poe and Rose and Luke and Leia and everyone's happy. I think Lando had a cameo in there somewhere too, but whatever ROLL THE CREDITS!

And that's Duel of the Fates.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 12, 2021

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AdmiralViscen posted:

Someone made a fan comic out of the leaked script

http://awinegarner.squarespace.com/duel-of-the-fates

That's pretty neat. I'd been wondering for a while how long it would take before the leaked script got the comic treatment like Lucas's old first draft of A New Hope did a few years back.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Robot Style posted:

This is real fanficcy and doesn't really line up with other verifiable information about the movie. Some stuff, like Jannah being Finn's sister, is mentioned in published BTS stuff, but there's huge chunks of it that ignore existing concept art from the early versions of the movie, and stuff that the film's editors have said about the extent of reshoots.

The whole thing reads like a Weird Star Wars Twitter wish list letter to Santa.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

If there is one person who I can safely say absolutely lost the Star Wars, it is General Hux.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/SWTweets/status/1387104455078809602

"I will give you all my cum. And not just the semen, but the sewomen and sechildren too."

#FreethePhantomHornDogCut

#ReleaseTheDirtyCut

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Quick google search shows the judge in question is a massive chud and Trump appointee. Why am I not surprised?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BREAKING NEWS: Man Who Bails On Every Project Before Writing An Ending Realizes He Should Have Wrote An Ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm very surprised, because this all reads like the most dorky, upwardly-mobile liberal poo poo imaginable. How many references to Harry Potter are in it?

I mean chud nerds also exist and they’re somehow even more insufferable than normal nerds.