Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Flavius Aetass posted:

literally everyone who has thought about star wars for five minutes has determined that there must be something in-universe about hyperspace travel that prevents this from being a thing

my favorite thing is everyone thinking kamikaze attacks are a new unique thing star wars invented in TLJ and the only reason we don’t do it is because it’s hard to do

the only reason we don’t crash every single destroyer sized vessel we have into the first order is it’s hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

nine-gear crow posted:

He says something to the effect of "Your parents were nobodies though. They became nobody to protect you." He literally says the bolded part. He uses the Obi-Wan "from a certain point of view" bullshit technicality to square the circle and try to hoodwink the audience.

It's amazingly dumb and you can practically see Adam Driver trying not to gag as he says it. They find a way to do both Rey and Kylo dirty at the same time by not just retconning her Big Thing in the story, but forcing Kylo to be the one to tell her this time instead of doing it like they did in TLJ and have her reach the conclusion on her own like a big girl.

didn’t he say that after it was already basically confirmed she’s a sheevbaby? i hate tros but i read that more as him trying to comfort her than him knowing all along and lying

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
the opening scrawl happened in fortnite and then the only way you know Kylo was on a terraformed mustafar at the beginning of the movie is if you played the Vader Immortal VR game that explains that mustafar was a lava planet due to a sith crystal and you destroyed it

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
the Sith Empire exists in the Old Republic MMO, and after that emperor is "killed" the Sith are lead by basically a Sith Council that keeps themselves in check but they let all of their underlings murder each other for sport

the non Sith in the empire basically work to keep the sith from loving everything up and destroying the entire faction

the whole idea with the Exegol fleet is that its lead by Sith cultists/worshippers, which are common enough, they submit themselves to Palpatine fully and they see themselves lesser than him because they arent force wielding saber nerds

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

cams posted:

what if the information you need to enjoy the movie more is actually in the movie

it also helps if the movie is good

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/1233877145690222593

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
if hes a clone why the gently caress he look worse than he did in rots

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Barudak posted:

Sure but they gain something from it. Kylo is just begging to be evil, like he lives in a world where if you are good good stuff happens to you and he wants some reason to do bad things because "easy rewards" or "has a thirst for horrible ideology" just arent things that he can process

kylo was basically convinced he had to be evil because of luke trying to assassinate him while he was sleeping and his entire character is basically being as big of a poo poo as possible because he was too afraid to go to leia

hes a stupid confused kid i dont think his morality is supposed to make sense

his uncle tried to pwn him while he was good boy tucked into bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
like i know star wars writing is comedy bad but if my uncle was basically worshiped as space jesus and the savior of everything if he tried to murder me in my lil space bunk bed id be pissing myself in fear and confusion