Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

somehow

*sigh*

Palpatine returned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 1, 2020

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They had a plan but that fucker bob igar rusher the whole thing and caused a ripple effect that couldn’t be stopped.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They had a script they scrapped and rewrote, and I think it got done just under the wire which is why JJ had it pushed back to Christmas.

Johnson was writing and shooting TLJ before they finished TFA which was pretty heavily edited and re-edited before release.

But I wasn’t there. There’s that quote that Iger says he rushed TFA and I think that snowballed into everything.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

An interesting note because I’m watching the making of TLJ, is that Rian says when he saw TFA and wrote down their names and what he knew about them.

Honestly if you really think about it, there wasn’t a whole lot in TFA. Kylo is probably the only one who felt three dimensional.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It tricks you. It really does. I still enjoy it because it’s dumb Star Wars and hits some cool notes but taken on its own it’s just very light on everything.

Writing a sequel to that would’ve been hard.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He just produced that. Drew Goddard and Matt Reeves are the reason why that film worked.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hodgepodge posted:

chewie doesn't see race

just tender, delicious meat that he must not eat, even if it is not very nice to him or his friends

I had a nerd tell me TLJ was promoting veganism because chewie didn’t eat the porg

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I sincerely loved it since I saw it. The Yoda scene won me over and everything clicked into place. Up until then it was alright. Then it was like OHHH. And i just got super into it.

It also did some personal reflection stuff for me that I needed at that time.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It just seams like Johnson watched TFA and was like okay...it was just a rehash so I guess let me try to have some fun with Star Wars.

Results may very depending on the person but at least it’s better than not doing anything.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well I guess since I’ve seen ROS I disagree.

Every subversive thing he did made it better because it took the lamest parts of TFA and gave them a chance to become interesting. I hated the parents thing and I hated snoke. And luke being jaded was something I was kind of hoping for when the first rumors of TFA started leaking.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Up Circle posted:

TLJ is bad, please do not erase history.

kill it, actually

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well too dang bad

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Laterite posted:

The Holdo stuff is hard to deal with because a) the Hot Topic haircut pulls you completely out of the verisimilitude of the movie,

:magemage:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I dunno. I jsur think the hair complaint is silly

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Why is Johnson still the one nerds hate instead of Abrams? Why am I seeing videos from Midnight Sun in 2020 (1??) about how they're destroying "kathleen and rian's legacy"?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I remember midnight sun being a decent "poo poo happened behind the scenes of said movie" but as I typed that i recall watching videos mostly about Ghostbusters 2016 so maybe.

It's just weird that the guy who made 2 out of the 3 sequels, laid out all the poo poo that messed it up, and ended the entire triogly with some lame poo poo is the one that everyone shrugs at. But the lady and guy who made the middle one get yelled at.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

lmao, yeah so it's all for dumb reasons people hate rian johnson.

i got it.

maybe i dunno, get over it? He doesnt run the company or have any say in star wars movies lmao.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah but I hate them and I’m tired of their lovely YT content lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fuckin hate snoke as much as the YT people

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s Kyle Ren taking charge of his life and acting on his own terms. For once he’s the master of his own destiny. Everyone has pulled him in every direction and it’s broken him.

But rise never followed up because he immediately gets in cahoots with palpy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

feedmegin posted:

He has a habit of making poo poo up after the fact though.

This is being a creative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wish they kept the deleted scene of him getting his arms ripped off by Chewie but that scene never really made sense because why is Rey so special to go after lmao.

But yeah. Rise of Skywalker is hilarious