Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emrikol
Sep 30, 2015

HootTheOwl posted:

How did Kylo Ren get back to exogol, when a) he broke the wayfinder and b) tie/ln are not equipped with hyperdrives?

I have a completely unsubstantiated theory that it was originally supposed to be Vader's TIE, but that it was vetoed in favor of a normal TIE for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emrikol
Sep 30, 2015

TFA had concept art for a scrapped dream sequence of the Death Star II rising anew from the sands of Jakku to terrorize the Galaxy once more, and I think about that a lot in light of where Abrams went with TROS.

Emrikol
Sep 30, 2015

Guy A. Person posted:

The implication that she learned all these advanced techniques for "healing Kyber crystals" and poo poo, and then just hastily duct-taped and welded the Anakin saber back together instead of forging her own is -- if anything -- way more insulting to people's intelligence

You know, it would have made a ton of sense to have Rey heal her broken lightsaber crystal on-screen in the movie where she discovers her special ability is healing, and not because she read Lightsaber Repair for Dummies offscreen between films.

It's stereotypical, but oh my god, there's so much that could have been done with "Rey the Healer".

Emrikol fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 10, 2020

Emrikol
Sep 30, 2015

I wanna see the Jedi with the foresight to carry a backup saber.

Emrikol
Sep 30, 2015

Palpatine doubtless demanded a front-row seat for all that power.

Emrikol
Sep 30, 2015

Is Rey even a member of the Resistance?

Emrikol
Sep 30, 2015

Infidelicious posted:

The whole Hyperspace Tracker plot didn't work. Why wouldn't the Resistance assume they've been betrayed, and someone put a tracking device on them or is relaying their position.

It's really weird that Finn and Rose immediately come to the correct solution ( a technology that has never existed previously) that the ship can track them through hyperspace.

Thinking there is a traitor in the midst also makes Holdo and Poe's actions make more sense.

The fun part is when Finn just casually states that if the First Order knows the hyperspace tracker has been taken offline, they'll just turn on the tracker aboard one of the other destroyers. The Resistance has been surprised by what is apparently a stock feature of First Order star destroyers.

This follows after they were entirely unaware of Starkiller Base, and needed a runaway janitor to tell them about their enemy's secret weapon after they'd already used it to accomplish their goal of destroying the New Republic. The Resistance might have been formed the week before TFA began, seeing as they apparently don't even know the capabilities of the ships of the single organization they're dedicated to fighting. It's amazing how much the Resistance sucks! They fail at everything!

Emrikol fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emrikol
Sep 30, 2015

Grendels Dad posted:

I love that Bigger Stardestroyer poo poo in ROS because it's so useless. Like, nobody except hardcore nerds will be able to tell those are bigger STDs because you'd need to show them in relation to old STDs or possibly other things the audience knows the size of.

It's the Death Star II all over again.