Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The real gas giant was Rise of Skywalker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Step 1: Get thrown down a pit
Step 2: ????
Step 3: Unlimited Power

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
The Luke parts of TLJ are the best things to come out of the sequel movies.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
From my perspective it's the Jedi that are evil.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
The "Rey reaches out to the force and senses life and death all around her" sequence in TLJ is the best filmed part of all three movies and probably the second best sequence in the film. God drat I gotta rewatch TLJ this weekend, it's been too long since my last watch.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
They intentionally held back merchandising until after the season started to avoid leaks spoiling the character.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
RotS is the last movie I saw in theaters, a fitting end to going out in public to be entertained.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 8, 2021

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
TLJ and The Mandalorian are the best things to come out of Star Wars in 30 years, thank you for coming to my TED talk

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
That's stuff that should be established in the first of your three movie series but alas...

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
The First Order is an organization that exists solely so Disney can bring Star Wars back to the status quo of blue lasers vs red lasers and sell the same shaped toys to us again. If they had been smart the antagonists would have been a completely new threat from outside the galaxy or some kind of internal rebellion (maybe even have some interesting plot conversations about the old rebels now being the ones fighting against a rebellious force) but that would require someone besides JJ Abrams to write the script and welp

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Halloween Jack posted:

:wrong: The absolute shittiest ideas from the EU are exactly this. The Yuuzon Vhong and even worse, the Charon.

Just because it was done poorly in EU books from 30 years ago (which are basically a half step up from fanfiction anyway) doesn't mean it couldn't have been written by someone who isn't a hack and can come up with a good antagonist instead of Bigger Emperor (and also the emperor).

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Vernii posted:

I have some bad news about the quality of writers selected for SW projects.

The Mandalorian seems to have figured it out at least .

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I get what you're saying but ultimately even a mystery unknown enemy from somewhere else is better than a carbon copy of the same old bad guys but with the serial number filed off. They should have provided better context for the FO, because they essentially are an unknown, outside force that just appears with little explanation to the audience.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
What if a clone of the bad guy...

*takes big bong rip*

...turned out to be a good guy?

*massive exhale*

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
The Dark Crystal show on Netflix is a prequel but does a lot to expand the world of the movie, and it's a crime it only got the one season.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

indigi posted:

What is “bloom”

He played the elf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
He left an anonymous complaint with the imperial health inspectors and Dexter was executed for his violations