Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

picture me workin McDonald's!
I'd rather pull a mac on you
sorry Ms. Jackson, but I'm packin

Pillbug

the whole reason there are only two Sith at any given time is because when there were more than that, the end result was

Squizzle posted:

collapsing in on itself in a murder orgy (murdorgy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

Badger of Basra posted:

TLJ is good actually

TLJ is about 40 minutes of cuts away from being good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

CainFortea posted:

Also, what legendary "put her hair in a pony tail" thing? I have not heard of this legend.

I too would like to hear the legend of the pony tail that didn't

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

I wanted her to be a girl clone of Palpatine

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

ItBreathes posted:

he wasn't a master.

wow epic ownage

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

Cage Kicker posted:

9 whole movies, multiple animated series, and C-3P0 never gets to gently caress. Worst franchise ever.

I have no dick but I must gently caress

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

WW84 sucked poo poo top to bottom and PJ is gonna do a bad job

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

Woebin posted:

It's simply impossible that they had no idea of this.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think it's more that Disney assumes no one cares about its TV shows and it's all about the movies.

itís this

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

They intentionally held back merchandising until after the season started to avoid leaks spoiling the character.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

Arenít they launching like 6 new tv shows? I think they got the message

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

yeah Disney needed someone to tell them about small characters with big eyes

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

even if you like everything about TLJís story, characterizations, and themes, I donít see how you can argue it shouldnít lose at least 15-20 minutes. itís so loving long and plodding at times

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

yeah cause they all sucked probably

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

McCloud posted:

It's also that his insubordination clearly saved the fleet, but it's still painted as if he was in the wrong. It feels like two parents scolding their child because they were disobeyed, not because he did something bad

his insubordination sold out their secret plans and had them come within a miracle Luke apparition of sure destruction

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

Angry Salami posted:

Their secret plan, it should be noted, was "Fly towards a planet, then get into smaller ships to land there."

and it would have worked too if it werenít for those meddling kids

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

Poe sent Finn and whatís her name on that stupid mission where they wound up leaking all the info to the First Order like dumbshits, they tell that stuttering guy stuff that he also turned to the FO immediately

e: didnít see this had been answered

indigi fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 12, 2021

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

Speleothing posted:

So kylo ren definitely murdered baby yoda, right?

actually it was revealed in one of the comics that Kylo Ren didnít actually kill any of the other students! I think it was Snoke or the Knights of Ren or something

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

McCloud posted:

As I recall, his insubordination took out the dreadnaught with long range weapons that would have taken out the fleet during the chase if Poe hadn't destroyed it before they jumped.

this is rationalization. nobody knew the FO could track them through hyperspace, so this isnít why he sacrificed all the bombers; he did it to prove heís mister big dick

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

also it's difficult to fit Rey's multi-day training with Luke into the 3-6 hour chase timeline of the rest of the movie

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

Angry Salami posted:

Here's a question - why the hell do they jump to the middle of nowhere in the first place? They didn't know they were being tracked, so presumably their initial plan was just "Fly to Crait, use the abandoned bunker there as our new base."

But they don't hyperspace to Crait directly, instead they jump to the edge of the system and decide to do the rest of their travel at sublight, even though they know they barely have enough fuel to reach Crait.

maybe itís a different fuel for hyperspace and sublight travel

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

Grendels Dad posted:

I'd say it sucking up the sun is pretty devastating, but apparently nobody in the movie seems to worry about that.

Like. That sun. It's gone. That system is hosed, you guys.

yeah I always thought this was the more devastating (and cooler) weapon of the base, but it goes unremarked upon

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

I like the reveal in the newest Radch book that the emperor is basically a bottom tier loser from her own system and none of the other people who live there could give a gently caress about the empire

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

FunkyAl posted:

Today I considered, they brought Frank Oz to do a puppet in the last jedi when he has not done puppets in 20 years. Why was he not a choice to direct? He directed one of the all time puppet effect movies ever! He probably could have done it for half the budget!!

nobody wants to do things for half the budget. producers and execs all want to be able to list enormously bloated budgets next to their projects to prove how much of a big deal they are

Bogus Adventure posted:

Imagine loving Force Fraggles explaining that they are midichlorians using people as avatars in the fight between Good and Evil!

the Force isn't about good vs evil it's about balance

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

the gently caress is wrong with Eric July

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

well we know that Sheev has constructed a literal planet full of advanced warships, in secret, with a bunch of slaves in about 20 years, using money/resources siphoned off from the empire that nobody was able to notice (or maybe anyone who noticed got killed), so once you have everything centralized you can build pretty quickly if nothing else. but idk if the Hutts could do it even assuming they had the capital, technological expertise, and industrial base given the material requirements. sourcing any of the specialized or rare component materials must be very competitive

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

none of this EU nonsense can explain why Palpy had a thousand+ of the things just chilling ready to go

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

he's an all powerful wizard anyway, why not.

he got pwned by a newblet, how powerful was he

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

Hayden kind of a snack now

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

how do we feel about SMGís Mace Windu Challenge or whatever it was called

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

what was the DOTF story supposed to be

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

that could have been fun

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

where did he get Mace Windu's light saber

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

Post examples please idk what any of the posters look like from memory

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

Cease to Hope posted:

It seems plausible, but a simpler explanation is that he was enthusiastic about Star Wars exactly as long as it was his job to do so and no longer, but bears no ill will to his peers.

I kind of doubt he was told to be enthusiastic about it until the cast screening and then he could immediately be passive aggressive or noncommittal when asked about it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

SlothfulCobra posted:

So I'm trying to import a discussion from another thread into this one.
Because maybe after a character holds a gun to your head, that's past the point where you be all buddy-buddy about them a couple minutes later.

sheís an admiral. sheís surely used to insubordinate pricks and since itís a rebellion and not a formal military she has to work with the tools at hand. canít realistically discharge your best pilot and a solid tactician. giving Leia a genuine appraisal of his talent and potential isnít really being ďbuddy buddyĒ at that point, sheís being a good commander

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

in 123 they present the dogmatic Jedi version of The Force, they only accept people with a certain midichlorian count or whatever. but since another big point of the trilogy is that the Jedi are stupid and exceedingly bad at their job that doesnít necessarily mean only high midichlorian people can use or become stronger in the force

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

CainFortea posted:

Am I supposed to believe a guy who can't even keep his pants up?

ok Dr Cosby

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also watched the Mortis arc in Clone Wars and that was some weird poo poo.

which one was that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

oh yeah that was weird, the one where Anakin sees the future and decides to go along with it anyway. very odd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty sure the whole deal is that he sees the future- specifically, all the hosed up poo poo he's going to do- and goes Dark Side immediately to avoid that. Kind of a big deal is made of the Son being apparently a personification of the Dark Side's destructive impulsiveness as a result of good intentions and unmanaged trauma. Given the Son has plenty of humanising moments and overall seems more in need of someone to talk to than to be killed, it's kinda wild that some Sith Lords (mainly Sidious) are more evil than the Dark Side.

The treatment of the Dark Side is interesting, since most full on Sith master/apprentice relationships we see are the full on cycle of abuse. Right after that, there's the introduction of Savage Oppress, which basically is a full arc about how he's dehumanised (so to speak), broken down, abused and brainwashed into being little more than a living weapon, his attempts to hold onto his decency being actively forced out of him.

Actually, it becomes pretty clear that the Dark Side runs on drama, every single Sith Lord and adjacent being we see is the biggest goddamn drama queen. Which is probably why they suck at long-term planning and cooperation, and Sidious only manages to play the long game well by orchestrating a literal galactic drama with him as the ringmaster.

I remember the choice being 1) give up your attachments, stay here to become the new avatar of balance,and let your friends die; or 2) choose personal gratification over the good of the galaxy to save your friends and leave, whereupon this will happen *vision of him becoming Darth Vader* and he chooses to save Ahsoka and Obi Wan

e: also idk how they suck at long term planning when they managed to orchestrate a millennia spanning effort to destroy the Jedi order and take over the galaxy

indigi fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 12, 2021