Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

I got a free trial of Disney+ so though I might as well watch rise of the skywalker last night.
stills feel like a rip off. this movie is garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

For me, it was the pointed close up shot of the Space Duct Tape around Anakin's lightsaber. I let out a long, overly loud groan because that was the moment I knew inescapably that the movie was going to be nothing but a mad dash to erase The Last Jedi at the expense of telling its own story.

I don't recall, was that before or after ghost Luke turned direct to camera and said quote "I (Rian Johnson) was wrong" ?

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

Speleothing posted:

So kylo ren definitely murdered baby yoda, right?

please don't spoil the season 3 finale like this

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

Karloff posted:

I think I said it in the Mandolorian thread, but I reckon a lot of the Force Awakens problems would have been tempered had the macguffin been the plans to Starkiller base and not the map to Luke Skywalker.

Yes, that brings it even closer to ANH, but with a purpose. If the characters know from the start that the First Order are planning to take out the senate, the central tension of the first half of the film is "we need to get these plans back to the Resistance so we can stop that from happening".

That way when Hosnian Prime gets destroyed at the mid-point it is this devastating gut punch - the heroes are too late! As it stands in the actual film, we learn about the Senate in the same scene as its destruction, we haven't been given enough dramatic context to really feel the impact.

That way, going to see Luke at the end feels more meaningful as well. Have Leia actually know where he is, she wants to respect his wishes and leave him in solitude but with thing as dire as they are she feels she has no other choice to but to send Rey to get him.

That's what I think at least, thank you for indulging my fan fiction.

"help me Luke Luke-Luke Luke luke-luk-ie, you're my only hope"

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

Cease to Hope posted:

It also gives a reason for R2 to randomly wake up, which TLJ does not: R2 realizes that Rey is worthy to join Luke in the search for the TFA2 Box.

that's kind of lame, he's an astromech droid not master yoda.

but not sure it's any lamer than him randomly waking up in TFA so knock yourself out

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Finnís last name is Toowonateseven

he's not a droid

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

how come Phasma had a name not a serial number anyway? she's stormtrooper not the officer class.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

Cease to Hope posted:

it's making a canon explanation for a blink-and-you'll-miss-it size detail to shut up nitpicking nerds.
And we can see how well that worked out for them

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

harsh, that's like the entirety of Finn's story over the 3 movies

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

indigi posted:

where did he get Mace Windu's light saber

Maz Katana's laser sword pawn shop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

crazy, the implication that the force awakens was neither mediocre or schlocky though.