Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«273 »
Some Goon
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

And? You don't have to be a capitalist society to exploit people, pre-capitalist societies were probably even worse in this regard.

Also, though tangentially, do we even know if the trade federation are capitalists? We basically never hear them talk about trading; maybe their mission is to facilitate trade across interstellar distances at a cost that allows them and their massive armies of killer death robots to operate self-sufficiently?

E:vvvv no disagreement there.

Some Goon fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

From my point of view, the Jedi are evil. But what really is... evil?

He's certainly capitalist-coded.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Some Goon posted:

Also, though tangentially, do we even know if the trade federation are capitalists? We basically never hear them talk about trading; maybe their mission is to facilitate trade across interstellar distances at a cost that allows them and their massive armies of killer death robots to operate self-sufficiently?

Their initial grievance (GRIEVOUS) was born out of anger over taxation so I'm inclined to believe that's the case

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Hair Elf

I would point out that the "heroes on both sides" is more setting, telling the audience about how the characters view their own factions, than some kind of command for the audience to accept

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

oscar winning cinema enthusiast

Revenge of the Sith is a Where's Waldo of heroes and villains, I will not be moved on this point.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Did anybody see the last 8 minutes of the second episode of the disney plus gallery the mandalorian streaming television show? its about the prequels and it rules. also, no joke: as a kid my favourite star wars characters were the two pilots who get blown up at the very start of e1. why? Because their story was the most tragic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Some Goon posted:

And? You don't have to be a capitalist society to exploit people, pre-capitalist societies were probably even worse in this regard.

Okay. I was just addressing this claim:

Bogus Adventure posted:

[Nute Gunray] helped bring down an evil capitalist empire, though...

He didn't do that. He did the opposite, turning it into something worse.

Lampsacus posted:

also, no joke: as a kid my favourite star wars characters were the two pilots who get blown up at the very start of e1. why? Because their story was the most tragic.

Speaking of Nute Gunray, that is Silas Carson ordering his own execution.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 30, 2020

«273 »