Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The fight on lava planet sucked rear end. This is not up for debate. And if you say "oh well of course the choreography was awful, it's because theyre using tHe FoRcE" then you're literally the worst person alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Zoran posted:

it's a giant recap of their story. The system crumbles around them and they're too wrapped up in battle to notice at first. They both end up on the path to hell. The two of them try to climb up and out, and Obi-Wan ascends higher. Anakin actually falls, but saves himself at the very last moment with a spectacular leap of faith.

That's cool fanfiction but IRL it's an overly long glow stick fight that ends up the galaxy's worst front flip.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

cuntman.net posted:

its actually because the choreography is good

Your Jedi mind tricks don't work here

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

cuntman.net posted:

my mind tricks are facts and logic. they use actual swordfigting techniques and they make mistakes that fit their characterization but make it feel more realistic like anakin being overly aggressive and leaving himself open and obiwan not taking advantage of those openings

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The metaphor of that gif is that it never ends or goes anywhere. Much like the fight itself.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

cuntman.net posted:

thats because its a looping gif

Looping metaphor.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Metapod posted:

I've caught up with the thread. I see a large chunk of the thread doesn't understand anakin can move super fast so those openings aren't open

So then why doesn't he ever do that?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Schwarzwald posted:

poster 1: I don't like movies. >:(

poster 2: I do like movies. :)

poster 1: How? Movies does bad things X Y and Z! >:(

poster 2: I liked X Y and Z. I thought they worked well given the story being told. :)

poster 1: nani?!!! :O

There. I summed up all 800 pages of this thread.

I'm only against the one specific thing the movies themselves are fine.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fsmhunk posted:

I have a lot of love for the Prequels because I grew up with them and I do think there's a bunch to enjoy in them, but gently caress, the lakehouse scenes on Naboo in Attack of the Clones are utterly miserable no matter how many times I watch them. And the Trade Federation's comically racist accents are just uncomfortable.

More or less uncomfortable than the flying jew-alien?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

cuntman.net posted:

lol who thought this

Everyone? Who would assume the clones were supposed to be the good guys?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

cuntman.net posted:

i have no idea how the name suggests anything other than that clones were in it

If I called something "The Goblin Wars" you wouldn't assume the goblins were the good guys fighting against little golems.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

That's cute and I like it

Yeah, it is. Everyone forget I wrote that, I need to go work on a project!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

Booba Feett

Do not type this into DeviantArt!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

Haha if you clone him he's Booba Fett

Or Boba Feett

Booba Feett

I looked it up and it turns out it's Booba Fett

boobs

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Saint Drogo posted:

Watto (particularly in clones) stands out harshly from the unintentional, bumbling old man racism. i sometimes wonder if someone else had a hand in making him that way & george just signed off on it cluelessly.

I dunno, George strikes me as the kinda guy who definitely buys into a lot of anti-Semitic stereotypes about Jews.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mooey Cow posted:

How would they become strong Jedi other than training? :thunk:

You're literally born a powerful Jedi or you aren't. Training serves no purpose except to indoctrinate.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Like I cannot believe people are saying that George Lucas is a secret genius auteur who made the Prequels lovely on purpose.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Wild Horses posted:

This is the sequel-view on the force.
In the prequels training and competence and style matchup trumps pure power

Anakin only loses two fights, one after escaping capture and already fighting in a huge battle, and the other against the most powerful Jedi of all.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Guy A. Person posted:

who said this dumb poo poo or is it just a really dumb strawman?

Euphronius said it through his deeds and actions, which he will come to regret.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

euphronius posted:

What did I say

euphronius posted:

Exactly

The Jedi were dumb as gently caress

You implied it was good to include midichlorians to make the Jedi retroactively suck rear end.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Wild Horses posted:

Anakin has higher midichlorians than yoda, who has more than obi wan.
Obi wan is nothing special, midichlorially speaking.

They never say that Yoda is higher than Obi-Wan, only that Anakin is higher than Yoda.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PittTheElder posted:

Why do people hate midichlorians so much anyway? It seems that's a fine explanation for why some people are force sensitive and others are not.

It's like the whole Clone Wars criticism all over again. "Midichlorians!? How dare George Lucas decide the force works some other way than this way I made up in my head!"

It goes against Yoda's really good speech about the force in ESB. We are no longer luminous being bound by the force. Now some people just happen to have mega-powerful gut flora.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bongo Bill posted:

So basically, you think that the movies are bad because you expected the story about how they all ate poo poo and died to glorify rather than criticize them.

The PT are mostly fine, but Midichlorians, every love scene with Anakin and Padme, and the two-hour fight on Lava planet are all inexcusable and yet people keep trying to excuse them.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Zoran posted:

Yes, because Yoda has developed a more complete view of the force since that time 25 years before when his Jedi Order hosed up a lot and almost completely died.

Its not more complete, if anything his understanding has regressed because it really is just bugs that live in your skin and if you have lots of them you get a lightsaber.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If you get a fecal transplant from a Jedi Master or Sith Lord you become force sensitive.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

euphronius posted:

What is bad about the acting in the romance scenes ?

It’s not supposed to be naturalistic and they are ant supposed to be well adjusted, confident and suave

That doesn't mean they have to be inhuman and talk like aliens that have never seen a person before pretending to be one.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

euphronius posted:

That’s exactly who they are !!!!

No. They're canonically humans.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

euphronius posted:

They are aliens .

But still human, who are capable of acting like humans, because they do so in non-romance scenes.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
But here we are again, Prequel cultists saying that the acting and directing in those scenes was bad on purpose because they think George Lucas is a genius who can do no wrong.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Personally I think Sheev might be controlling some of the magic bugs that live inside you to have these bad opinions.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

euphronius posted:

It wasn’t bad tho

Whatever you say, euphronius, or should I say Darth Peepeepoopoo!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

cams posted:

was darth sidious' power level higher than super saiyan goku's when he fought freiza?

Even if it were, Goku could just go and train to raise his powerlevel. Midichlorians are static.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

cams posted:

what about when he was screaming "UNLIMITED POWER"

This is what Sheev yells when he nuts

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Wild Horses posted:

Yoda is higher than obi wan

This is not stated anywhere in the movie. What we do know is that Obi effortlessly beat Anakin in one attack. It's clear who had the higher midichlorians.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

cams posted:

holy poo poo i want the thread to be about this now

"Jews are the real anti-semites" is a take hotter than the Death Star's laser.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RBA Starblade posted:

Several attacks, over an extended period of time

Nope, watch it again. One lazy swipe of his saber and Anakin loses three limbs and falls next to some lava.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah six minutes after fighting the guy

If it doesn't hit it doesn't count.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cease to Hope posted:

WAIT NO

all those attacks earlier used up anakin's HP, losing his arms is from vitality damage

This is horseshit. They are called HIT points. They only go down if you HIT

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cease to Hope posted:

hit points are an abstraction of your luck and resilience, they aren't a measure of how many times you can get stabbed

Hit points are an abstraction of how many times you can get hit. They aren't called luck points or resilience points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's an abstraction of how many times you can get hit !!!!!!