Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

this thread is for Star Wars questions you wanna have answered. Like why did no one know Anakin was evil when he was the only Jedi to start wearing black? Ask questions, probably not get answers I dunno :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Should I bother watching the last movie when it comes to Disney+?

Like, I really hated Ep 7. It was super dumb and phoned in basically garbage. Ep 8 was a worse movie somehow, even if it had more interesting ideas that they did terribly. From the trailers and the wiki entry on Ep 9, it seems less like a movie and more like a 3 hour long undoing of everything they could from Ep 8 which seems like a really bad way to make a movie.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

What the gently caress is going on in the greater galaxy in The Force Awakens? Where did the First Order come from? Why do they have so many ships and a super death star? Why is only the Resistance fighting them? Where is the New Republic at the start of the film? Why does blowing up 5 planets just completely own the Republic forever? I refuse to read any books on the matter.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Riatsala posted:

What the gently caress is going on in the greater galaxy in The Force Awakens? Where did the First Order come from? Why do they have so many ships and a super death star? Why is only the Resistance fighting them? Where is the New Republic at the start of the film? Why does blowing up 5 planets just completely own the Republic forever? I refuse to read any books on the matter.

The new republic was lovely and never finally defeated the empire. The last big imperial fleet got beaten at Jakku and the republic declared mission accomplished and hosed off back to the core worlds and left everything else to rot. Leia was the only power elite who had a problem with this seemingly, so she started a private army, the resistance, which she wanted to use to finish off the imperial forces. But she sucked at it and the imperial forces had regrouped at Ilum/Starkiller, which the empire/first order had been secretly building for decades but only just finished right before TFA happens. Then they used it to nuke the republic capital system and killed off the whole government and probably whatever non-private military they had. basicalyl everything in the sequels happened because the rebels sucked and failed incredibly hard at recapturing the power of the republic/empire once they had decapitated it, and now the galaxy will probably politically fragment and become dominated by warlords because theres no government no military and no jedi

In conclusion, Rey Skywalker

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
How come the Emperor's window looks like a spider web and is right behind him making it seem like he is in the center of a spider's web? Are they trying to imply something here?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Why do the Jedi believe that a traumatized slave child who was just dragged across half the galaxy and is having his entire future discussed would be better handled with "Oh no he's definitely evil because he, aged 9, is capable of fear" than with "He has been through much, but with tenderness, love, and patience, he can overcome his past"?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Ms Adequate posted:

Why do the Jedi believe that a traumatized slave child who was just dragged across half the galaxy and is having his entire future discussed would be better handled with "Oh no he's definitely evil because he, aged 9, is capable of fear" than with "He has been through much, but with tenderness, love, and patience, he can overcome his past"?

Attachment is a path to the dark side. Better act like nothing is wrong

It’s a metaphor for how American men are raised to be traumatized fuckups who are utterly dependent on, but also incapable of, having positive relationships with others. Lucas has daddy issues

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Jedi can't love. They made a couple of movies about it.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

CainFortea posted:

Like, I really hated Ep 7. It was super dumb and phoned in basically garbage. Ep 8 was a worse movie somehow, even if it had more interesting ideas that they did terribly. From the trailers and the wiki entry on Ep 9, it seems less like a movie and more like a 3 hour long undoing of everything they could from Ep 8 which seems like a really bad way to make a movie.

Don't expect anything and it's a not-terrible action flick. It's not a good action flick mind you, but it certainly could have been worse.

It's not so much an undoing so much as completely disregarding 7 and 8, the third film in a trilogy that never happened. This also means it needs to set itself up and it suffers greatly for it.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Why didnt palpektine just make technology to interact with the force and then build sith droids

I know midichlorians or w/e but before all of that tat was added to the lore

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ms Adequate posted:

They didn't want to admit maybe they should save his mom from slavery

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

CainFortea posted:

Don't think of it as a "real" Star Wars film. Think of it as Starcrash with a quarter billion dollar budget.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

how come even though 30 years ago people had pagers the star wars guys from ostensibly longer ago have this sci fi space ship poo poo that we dont

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

pog boyfriend posted:

how come even though 30 years ago people had pagers the star wars guys from ostensibly longer ago have this sci fi space ship poo poo that we dont

Y2K BC wiped out the star war technology

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Do you think Luke finds it annoying to listen to the sweeping orchestral music every time he looks at something?

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Dear Yoda, how do you type with boxing gloves on?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
How did Gonk droids charge anything?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

pog boyfriend posted:

During the Butlerian Jihad people decided that "gently caress this poo poo flying in space sucks" and they elected to be cave men instead. Perhaps they were the wise ones.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Where does Luke's obsession with non-traditional colored milk come from?
Was it the fact that he couldn't breastfeed from his mom before she died of a broken heart?
Is it because Tattooine has two suns that sometimes converge in the sky forming a huge pair of glowing tits?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Can Jedi jerk it with the force?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
That's like asking about his obsession with motorcycles that don't have wheels. None of the motorcycles have wheels.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Halloween Jack posted:

That's like asking about his obsession with motorcycles that don't have wheels. None of the motorcycles have wheels.

So that means human women in Star Wars lactate neon green titty juice?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

dudeness posted:

Yeah obviously; why would it be any different than the real world?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

dudeness posted:

Do you not?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Why didn’t any of the Jedi find it a little suspicious that the clone troopers looked almost exactly like imperial stormtroopers? Seems like a big giveaway.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

El Burbo posted:

Why didn’t any of the Jedi find it a little suspicious that the clone troopers looked almost exactly like imperial stormtroopers? Seems like a big giveaway.

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Did palpatine cheat on Vader