Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Lexx was accidentally the show that most closely formed my relationship with both a Science Fiction and the erotic. I love this show, and believe it to be more or less perfect, but I completely get why “extremely hosed up and weird space” wouldn’t be a cup of tea.

It’s always really nice when other people post nice things about Lexx because then it doesn’t feel like I made the whole thing up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

Actually true; Stanley Tweedle has virtually no redeeming characteristics at all; he's a pathetic nobody who just wants to get laid (but can't because he's so pathetic and lame) and yet the actor and the writing somehow manage to make him, if not sympathetic, at least honestly pitiable.

Hmmm odd that a show about a pathetic loser who can’t get laid would resonate with sci-fan viewers hmm yes how wild

Ok Story Time:
In New Jersey about 14 years ago I was invited to participate in a San Pedro cactus tea ceremony by a friend. Her mother was dying of cancer and she believed gathering all her closest friends together and getting donked on trippy cactus juice could heal her (college was a wild ride).

Smashcut to 6 hours into our 12 hour ceremony. There are 3 shamans, 40-50 year old dudes from South America that flew in for the ceremony, and 25 or so friends and family present. I’m 21 years old, the youngest person there, and it’s getting intense. We have arrived at the part of the ceremony where a drum is being played and a ceremonial baton is being passed around. The shamans are singing songs from their countries’ indigenous people, and when the baton is passed to you, you are encouraged to “let the music take you” in offering. The hosts boyfriend (who is the only other person there besides me that hasn’t done it before) is sharply scolded and reprimanded by the shamans for attempting to sing some Grateful Dead on his turn, failing to communicate appropriately that Jerry Garcia is sacred to him.

It’s my turn suddenly and I am hosed UP. I am experiencing and processing emotional information and sensory information in ways I cannot describe other than simplistic truisms like “my brains and heart are melting together”. In my panic to belong and participate I sing the Brunen-G fight song, it being the literal only thing I can think of in this severely debased moment. I sing it once, then again, then on the 3rd round the shamans sing along and the oldest, a chubby bespectacled man, nods sagely to me, impressed, as I pass the stick.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Prince’s lip ring in S3 dramatically warped my perception of how cool facial piercings were, and now as an adult I have over 15 piercings and still can trace all of them back to 16 year old me staying up to watch Lexx on the Sci-Fi channel and thinking “drat that dude is so badass and he gets mad chicks, I’m gonna have so many lip rings when I get older.”

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Metapod posted:

What type of piercing do you got

I have 5/8 gagues in both ears, two cartilage earrings, my septum (in between ur nostrils), three in my bottom lip, my tongue, both nipples, my navel, and two in the wiener.

Basically don't let your kids watch Canadian import Sci-Fi

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
7-90 is the proto-goon ur-Troll, a horny decapitant who can only shitpost in real time as he is forced to watch his hot friends do cool stuff

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I never got into Farscape, I think I watched one or two episodes.

What is Farscape’s “shtick” what does it do better than Star Trek/Lexx/Space Cases?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
On a scale of 1-5 for Horniness, 1 being “Lost in Space” and 5 being “Lexx” how horny is it?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Firefly was the beginning of Whedon’s “subverting the audiences expectations will literally ALWAYS be good writing” and it’s what spread from the Marvel franchise into literally all of Hollywood en masse.

SG-1 seemed SOOOOOO boring in commercials I never gave it the time of day. If every scene isn’t you fighting against Jackal and Ibis headed mummy aliens then what is even the point?

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 1, 2020

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Unless it’s Star Wars then they are all shaped like bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
All female reboot of Zardoz please god please