Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'm the complete tonal shift between season 2 and 3, and then other the complete tonal shift to a third style between season 3 and 4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ4o0eLKQlA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

Hmmm odd that a show about a pathetic loser who can’t get laid would resonate with sci-fan viewers hmm yes how wild

Ok Story Time:
In New Jersey about 14 years ago I was invited to participate in a San Pedro cactus tea ceremony by a friend. Her mother was dying of cancer and she believed gathering all her closest friends together and getting donked on trippy cactus juice could heal her (college was a wild ride).

Smashcut to 6 hours into our 12 hour ceremony. There are 3 shamans, 40-50 year old dudes from South America that flew in for the ceremony, and 25 or so friends and family present. I’m 21 years old, the youngest person there, and it’s getting intense. We have arrived at the part of the ceremony where a drum is being played and a ceremonial baton is being passed around. The shamans are singing songs from their countries’ indigenous people, and when the baton is passed to you, you are encouraged to “let the music take you” in offering. The hosts boyfriend (who is the only other person there besides me that hasn’t done it before) is sharply scolded and reprimanded by the shamans for attempting to sing some Grateful Dead on his turn, failing to communicate appropriately that Jerry Garcia is sacred to him.

It’s my turn suddenly and I am hosed UP. I am experiencing and processing emotional information and sensory information in ways I cannot describe other than simplistic truisms like “my brains and heart are melting together”. In my panic to belong and participate I sing the Brunen-G fight song, it being the literal only thing I can think of in this severely debased moment. I sing it once, then again, then on the 3rd round the shamans sing along and the oldest, a chubby bespectacled man, nods sagely to me, impressed, as I pass the stick.
lmao - somehow this story was just rambly enough to make me forget what thread I was in and "Brunen-G fight song" hit me hard

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Utgardaloki posted:

why do people hate on s3 and 4 so much

s3 maybe didn't have enough plot for a 13 episode run and s4 couldn't decide its tone i guess but Prince is so good that it easily makes up the difference
If you watch 2 seasons of bizarre dark comedy, it'd be hard to imagine a complete heel turn into bizarre....serious? It was definitely jarring and I could see how folks wouldn't like it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

I never got into Farscape, I think I watched one or two episodes.

What is Farscape’s “shtick” what does it do better than Star Trek/Lexx/Space Cases?
Every episode almost involves someone's mind being hosed with. Mind control, temporary or induced insanity, or other mental weirdness is almost always in play.