Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
Thread title says it all really. Remember that while you may think certain numbers are funny, you should try harder. Personally I think the 68-74 degrees F range is best. Let me know what you think goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Let's get married I keep mine set at 68 in the winter and 74 in the summer!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Live Free posted:

Remember that while you may think certain numbers are funny, you should try harder.

don't try to psychology my poo poo motherfucker

69!!!!!!! MOTHERFUCKERRRRERRR!!!!

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Let's get married I keep mine set at 68 in the winter and 74 in the summer!

:respek: but what if i told you i keep mine at 68 in the summer, and 74 in the winter

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Cubone posted:

ha.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Setting your thermostat higher in the winter than you have it in the summer is one of the three points of the homicidal triangle along with setting fires and bed wetting.

Not saying we can't still get married but let's try out a long engagement first.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I keep the thermostat off if it's between 60 and 77 or so, otherwise I set it to 70

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Setting your thermostat higher in the winter than you have it in the summer is one of the three points of the homicidal triangle along with setting fires and bed wetting.

Not saying we can't still get married but let's try out a long engagement first.

i like it to be warm in the winter, and cool in the summer. very simple really

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Enough for me to wear shorts and a sweater at the same time

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

gey muckle mowser posted:

I keep the thermostat off if it's between 60 and 77 or so, otherwise I set it to 70

very workmanlike. I appreciate your commitment to sensible heating and cooling

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I keep it at 80.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Enough for me to wear shorts and a sweater at the same time

hoodie with nothing underneath and bball shorts is top tier loungewear

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

20° regardless of season. 18° when sleeping.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
67 all year round and don’t you even think about touching that GODDAMN thermostat. And close that window! What are we doing, heating the whole drat neighborhood?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
65 is a good baseline because just existing in the space will make it warmer than that naturally. 70+ is too high if you've got electronics like your computer and TV on all the time, they'll warm up the room too much. If you're leaving the house or shut everything off you may as well turn it back up though.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

420 degrees CELSIUS

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

65 is a good baseline because just existing in the space will make it warmer than that naturally. 70+ is too high if you've got electronics like your computer and TV on all the time, they'll warm up the room too much. If you're leaving the house or shut everything off you may as well turn it back up though.

sorry, this is wrong. 65 is for reptilians

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I set my thermostat to 293.15 K

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Live Free posted:

sorry, this is wrong. 65 is for reptilians

But reptiles are cold blooded, surely reptilians would want it to be warmer

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I prefer it to be hot as balls, so I keep my house at ball temperature 24/7, 365.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Pawn 17 posted:

I set my thermostat to 293.15 K

is that a lot

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
66 in winter, 78 in summer

ceiling fans, people

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

bewbies posted:

66 in winter, 78 in summer

ceiling fans, people

why keep it cold in winter and warm in summer? I don't understand this reasoning at all

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

35° F so the pipes don't freeze

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
69 degrees Fahrenheit during the day, 67 degrees Fahrenheit at night. Close thread.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
I don't keep my house at any specific temperature because I can't figure out how to configure the loving thermostat. The computer decides for me, and it often decides poorly. My electricity bill is going through the roof and is actually causing me to go into a lot of debt.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

sex excellence posted:

I don't keep my house at any specific temperature because I can't figure out how to configure the loving thermostat. The computer decides for me, and it often decides poorly. My electricity bill is going through the roof and is actually causing me to go into a lot of debt.

buy more candles

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

hell

numberoneposter posted:

420 degrees CELSIUS

yeah

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
OPs mom is so big that when she sits around the house she really keeps it quite warm!!!

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

sex excellence posted:

I have this problem except I configure the thermostat correctly, and my apartment walls are full of holes that leak heat. All of my windows are covered in plastic , yet I have to wear 3 layers of clothes to watch tv on the couch.

I set the thermostat to 69 unless I am not at home or in bed covered in blankets.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
420C
Leave only ash

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

68/74 crew.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
you want to make sure you don't let the terrarium its in get colder than 68 degrees or it can go into stasis and potentially die

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Cubone posted:

:hmmyes:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
65 year round unless i'm in my office during the winter. I'm on the third floor so even when it's freezing out it'll usually stay 68+ anyway but my office is over the staircase so it's freezing all the time.

actually realized my thermostat is programmable just this morning so probably going to try out setting it to 69/70 in the mornings to make showering and getting out of bed more bearable

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Cubone posted:

Nice

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

69 for air conditioning, 68 for heat

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I don't have a thermostat. I have a huge fuckin' PTAC unit that has the following buttons:

H (red)
C (blue)
H (white)
L (white)
S (black)

I press some button and poo poo happens I don't know.

Anyway it's like -20 right now and I keep the heat off. Duvets, motherfucker, toasty as heeeelllllll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Your wives hate you