Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jasus Christ posted:

I have this problem except I configure the thermostat correctly, and my apartment walls are full of holes that leak heat. All of my windows are covered in plastic , yet I have to wear 3 layers of clothes to watch tv on the couch.

I set the thermostat to 69 unless I am not at home or in bed covered in blankets.

....are you a mobster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don't know, my loving thermostat stops at 85! <:mad:>

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Live Free posted:

why keep it cold in winter and warm in summer? I don't understand this reasoning at all

I'm guessing you don't pay your utility bills.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

we are both computer touchers and are not poor

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
it's an older townhouse situations so the basement is always cold, mid level is cozy, and top level is hot as balls. I set it at 68 and put on wool socks if needed

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

....are you a mobster

Why I may or may not have holes in my walls is nobody's business.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

i do, and they're very affordable. also what ultrared said is true, im a computer toucher

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Live Free posted:

i do, and they're very affordable. also what ultrared said is true, im a computer toucher

Who’s the guy in your av? He’s kind of pretty

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Who’s the guy in your av? He’s kind of pretty

some random executive or something idr

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Room temperature is typically defined in Fahrenheit as between 68-72, and since the funny sex number is right in range, it seems a shame not to set it to that.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

65 degrees, wife and I both prefer it to be chilly. I like it because I'm a robot and my CPU brain works better when it's cooled properly, and my wife loves any excuse to wear as many blankets as she can.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im posting from a volcanic vent on the ocean floor

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

In the UK we don’t really have air con at home. So in the winter I just put the central heating on full whack between 6:30-8:30 so I’m good and warm when getting up for work. Then put it back on between 16:30-23:00 so the house is warm for when I get home until about when I go to bed. Alternatively I will light the fire which makes it hotter but that only really heats up the room with the fireplace.

In the summer the house is just whatever temperature. Maybe I’ll point a fan at myself but only if it’s really hot

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Live Free posted:

some random executive or something idr

So it’s like when liface googled “unassuming asian man” and made that his av? Have fun being sued!

i don’t want you to be sued be careful

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

18 degrees celcius.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

computer. room. temperature. hot.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Nigmaetcetera posted:

So it’s like when liface googled “unassuming asian man” and made that his av? Have fun being sued!

i don’t want you to be sued be careful

ill change it if he ever asks

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Pick posted:

Your wives hate you

my wives love 69!!!!!

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Live Free posted:

:respek: but what if i told you i keep mine at 68 in the summer, and 74 in the winter

73 agreed upon between me and waifu for winter, i'd rather it be 74 to be honest.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
We have three floors (two story walkout), the dumbass didn’t put zone heating in so therm is on a setback program 65 night, 68 day. This is winter poo poo. So the top floor is +5f degrees, middle normal, bottom where my office is -10 (it’s like ya 58f in my office. I have an oil space heater to make it up. It costs a poo poo ton to run it, like $50/month it seems.

Don’t get me started on summer...

E just went and looked, $350/month gas and electric and it’s been pretty mild (32f) here, lol gently caress me

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 23, 2020

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
We have a one story ranch with a finished basement, 2 zones, 1 upstairs and 1 down. Oil baseboard heat with a boiler less than 10 years old. Attic insulation was R0 when we moved in but we’re at R50 now. Still burning through oil a little too quickly for my liking. I’ve been starting to look into pricing on central heating/air but we wouldn’t be able to afford it for another few years. The new ductless systems seem like a good alternative. Anyone have any experience with those?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

We have a one story ranch with a finished basement, 2 zones, 1 upstairs and 1 down. Oil baseboard heat with a boiler less than 10 years old. Attic insulation was R0 when we moved in but we’re at R50 now. Still burning through oil a little too quickly for my liking. I’ve been starting to look into pricing on central heating/air but we wouldn’t be able to afford it for another few years. The new ductless systems seem like a good alternative. Anyone have any experience with those?

Zone jealousy. My house is insulated reallly good, 6 inch walls inside and out, he just hosed up the zone thing. It’s kinda weird him being a electrical contractor that built it. Cobblers children I guess

louis friend
Oct 7, 2005
We have the air to water heating thing and it keeps the house at 20 C, no way to cool it though so from about april to september it creeps up to 22-24 which sucks for sleeping

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

My neighbor got one and at this point they wish they had gotten a heat pump instead. It just doesn't cover enough of their house. In the winter its fine but the summer it definitely sucks to be those guys.

I just recently had to replace a furnace and added a heat pump with tax incentives so now I have AC and I just turn off the heat pump in the winter because the natty gas furnace is so much cheaper and does a better job.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bomb posted:

My neighbor got one and at this point they wish they had gotten a heat pump instead. It just doesn't cover enough of their house. In the winter its fine but the summer it definitely sucks to be those guys.

I just recently had to replace a furnace and added a heat pump with tax incentives so now I have AC and I just turn off the heat pump in the winter because the natty gas furnace is so much cheaper and does a better job.

Good to know. I figured anything would be better than window units in every room but the kitchen and bathroom.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My 80° indoor temperature is something that I don't really look into because I know it's very expensive but I also know that I don't care, it's my most important luxury. I would probably rather go without food.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Admittedly, in the summer, I won't use the air conditioning unless my indoor temperature is about 94 or higher

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
62 at night 66 during the day for winter.

Otoh AC if its above 90.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The temperature at which my poo poo upon the bathroom mat is most pungent and thus most appealing to supp upon, yonder bitch

Small Gay Planet
Aug 2, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Oh jeeze i keep my house at a crisp 420 Kelvin op

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Pick posted:

My 80° indoor temperature is something that I don't really look into because I know it's very expensive but I also know that I don't care, it's my most important luxury. I would probably rather go without food.

Pick posted:

Admittedly, in the summer, I won't use the air conditioning unless my indoor temperature is about 94 or higher

This is probably what I'd do if I lived in a very cold environment but since I live in a desert the idea of this is just giving me a panic attack

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I keep my ac set to 49 in the winter so I can keep my edge for stalking and wrestling mountain goats in the spring. :smuggo:

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
I don't have central heating so my house is a wonderland of varying temperatures, it's very intellectually stimulating.

gluehuffer69
Jan 16, 2020

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

Your wives hate you

She can put on a sweater at 65. I'm not leaving taint sweat on the couch at 72.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

gluehuffer69 posted:

She can put on a sweater at 65. I'm not leaving taint sweat on the couch at 72.

you sweat sitting on the couch in 72F?

gluehuffer69
Jan 16, 2020

by Lowtax

Live Free posted:

you sweat sitting on the couch in 72F?

Its more like a light exudation of taint grease at that temp that I do not want on my furniture.

Small Gay Planet
Aug 2, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

gluehuffer69 posted:

Its more like a light exudation of taint grease at that temp that I do not want on my furniture.

That’s called poop and its leakage is natural at your age

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
17C in the winter. Mid 20's in the summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

YES.

WOO!