Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I enjoyed the aesthetic but on a whole it wasn't well written, i enjoyed watching it all once tbh, but won't again and wouldn't really recommend it either

If you want outlaw misfits on a spaceship, watch farscape instead :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

CainFortea posted:

Farscape doesn't have cowboys tho

:wrong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIeIn6mmhWI&t=35s

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Squizzle posted:

alnilam and i on the farscape blue star gang (moydya)

i will not rest until the entire star wars RSF has decided that farscape is worth checking out, if they feel like it and have time

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

in the interest of being kind to firefly in the face of all this cyberbullying, i will think ofa few nice things to say about it, even though on the whole it's not great

i liked the idea of a spacefaring civilization with many planets, but still kind of underpopulated, that is still somehow resource poor, where people everywhere are both hungry and in need of medicine, despite what should be a bounty of many planets with settlements on them. idk i guess it makes u think of how special earf is for its bounty of resources cause all the other planets people live on suck rear end.

whedon almost seemed to be going somewhere with why earth was out of the picture but never really got there because he's a bad writer who loves to drop ~~interesting world building hints~~ without ever following up. that or maybe he did an i forgot bc it wasn't memorable