Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Firefly was dogshit and it baffles me that people are still bitching and moaning about its cancellation 17 years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

alnilam posted:

If you want outlaw misfits on a spaceship, watch farscape instead :hai:

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Firefly is like the emporers new clothes in that I think everyone only says they like it because they’re supposed to

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Firefly fans talk like everyone loves the series and act like its a complete shock that it got cancelled but then at the height of all this the movie flopped on a pretty modest budget.

I’ve got a feeling that Firefly fans might be loving deluded to be honest.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I’ve seen better acting in a school pantomime than in this lovely thing

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Big Dick Cheney posted:

The theme song may be the worst TV theme song of all time

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

well why not posted:

The best bit is when joss has a prostitute constantly disrespected by the hero of the show but it’s ok because he secretly loves her but it’s never resolved and her only part in the movie is considering suicide in the face of gang rape

Joss Whedon - Feminist

Lol you think that’s bad:

quote:

Executive producer Tim Minear explained about one episode that Joss Whedon pitched early on:

”She had this magic syringe. She would take this drug. And if she were, for instance, raped, the rapist would die a horrible death. The story was that she gets kidnapped by Reavers and when Mal finally got to the ship to save her from the Reavers, he gets on the Reaver ship and all the Reavers are dead. Which would suggest a kind of really bad assault. At the end of the episode, he comes in after she's been horribly brutalized, and he comes in and he gets down on his knee, and he takes her hand. And he treats her like a lady. And that's the kind of stuff that we wanted to do. It was very dark. And this was actually the first story that Joss pitched to me when he asked me to come work on the show. He said, 'These are the kind of stories we're going to do.' “

Source: https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-firefly-episode-were-really-glad-joss-whedon-didnt-5959794

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

It sounds like they recorded the theme tune on the singers death bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Big Dick Cheney posted:

This why I think it is worse than the Enterprise theme. It's lazy. Also I think everyone recognizes that the Enterprise theme is bad but plenty of Firefly people think the theme song is good.

I mean they think the show itself is good they’re not exactly known for having good taste