Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

alnilam posted:

If you want outlaw misfits on a spaceship, watch farscape instead :hai:

Farscape doesn't have cowboys tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Roman Reigns posted:

I blame this for creating a new generation of irritating dorks who won’t shut up about how there should be no sound in space in every piece of sci-fi media that comes out

Hi, hello yes we existed long before Firefly. Which is one of the reasons why I will always say that people should watch Robot Jox as it's fun to watch and doesn't have sound in space.

Also I just rewatched the first ep last night after someone itt said they couldn't finish it and it was fine.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

i like how the expanse plays the physics more or less straight but still has sound in space just because it's cool

I don't. :(

I also lost interest in The Expanse after season 3 I think? Something about venus.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Don Dongington posted:

Has anyone else noticed that apart from Teen Jedi girl and Ultimate Tomboy Girl Next Door Trope, every other attractive woman in the show is a prostitute?

What have you got against grandmas?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Up Circle posted:

I think he means most westerns don't have the main cast being unrepentant confederates

Is this one of those terminally online positions brought up to shitpost, like people claiming that the Jedi Order are actually the Nazis in star wars?

Or did you just assume that since they lost their war, just like the confederacy, they were also slave owners?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

OSU_Matthew posted:

:hmmyes:

Ok, cool, adding Babylon 5, Lexx, and the Expanse to my plex server so I can binge in quarantine!

Also planning on checking out the Lost in Space reboot on Netflix

First 2.5-3 seasons of BSG are excellent, and then it veers into a weird religiosity thing and takes a hard turn south. Planning a rewatch in proper order of all the little one off minisodes and movies here soon.

Not big on anime, but I really do love the premise of Space Janitors. I’ll give it a shot!

Season 4 of B5 is the payoff where everything comes together.

Also, I really liked the lost in space reboot except for how the kid treats the robot at the end and it ruined the entire show for me. That kid is loving evil and I can't stand it now.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

I'm not even mad Whedon did it but he reportedly denies it and it's like "loving why?"

Because he'd have to admit to watching anime.

Also, putting a girl in a fridge is hardly something you can claim was "stolen" from outlaw star. It's sort of a common trope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

SlothfulCobra posted:

When people normally refer to a "woman in a fridge" it's referencing the use of killing off or injuring women as a plot device to motivate another character, in a reference to the time that the Green Lantern's girlfriend got murdered and stuffed in a refrigerator. It's actually pretty rare for a woman to be secretly transported in a tiny fridge.

:thejoke:

That'll learn me trying to be funny.