Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

dads friend steve posted:

still going to the gym tho :shrug:

Currently at the gym and everything is covered in sweat no one bothered to wipe off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

pancake rabbit posted:

is....is this original research?

because :catstare:

Yeah I’m just thinking really hard and googling stuff

E: I realize that this sounds sarcastic but I mean this unironically. Yes, I came up with that theory and did that research on my own

twoday fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Mar 2, 2020

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Tailypoo posted:

I think I'm ready. I've been preparing since Prester Jane graced these forums with insanity and WTF-ever. Tomorrow I see my doctor for the last extra of my prescriptions and to vote in the primary. On top of this I've got 4 months of cat food, water storage (I've got a filter), liquor, cigarettes, recreational drugs, and 2 vats of hand sanitizer I plan on sleeping in. I already work remotely so that's lovely. I'm high risk for poo poo going wrong so I'd like to avoid the public for a while

eat the cat

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Pryor on Fire posted:

You guys don't want canned beans. I can't believe the thread has gone this far and you people are still buying canned beans. You want dry beans and you soak them overnight before cooking. Way cheaper and you can store twice as much in half the space. Plus you can soak them with a bit of garlic, oregano, etc if you get tired of plain old beans.

No pandemic, cataclysm or once in a millennia disastrous event will make me eat goddamn beans.
Enough with the loving beans, there's other non-perishable, actually tasty food you can store.
And I'm not just talking about hard liquor, though that is obviously one of them. Enough with the beans!

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Nonsense posted:

I was addressing Russia which has a public health crisis involving merely loving alcohol. of course they have COVID-19. Everywhere else? who knows they ain’t on anybody’s radar 364 days of the year.

lmao the life expectancy in the US has been dropping every year, but yeah, loving Russia :honk:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Currently at the gym and everything is covered in sweat no one bothered to wipe off

lick the dumbbells.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

We are superior in life and death.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

if you have COVID and enough contacts reality actually glitches so that you did not spread the disease at all

the simulation doesn't have enough memory to track it all

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/status/1234355620557545473?s=21

Oh well then!

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

number go up

twoday
May 4, 2005

pancake rabbit posted:

is....is this original research?

because :catstare:

I’m going to count this as a peer review

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Bronze Fonz posted:

No pandemic, cataclysm or once in a millennia disastrous event will make me eat goddamn beans.
Enough with the loving beans, there's other non-perishable, actually tasty food you can store.
And I'm not just talking about hard liquor, though that is obviously one of them. Enough with the beans!

i hope that one day you get good beans. i hope you learn to appreciate them. please, come in from the cold.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

BONGHITZ posted:

eat the cat

I'd sooner eat my husband but he might read this so I'll say I might consider it if I run out of beans and dehydrated blueberries

BONGHITZ posted:

eat the cat

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

twoday holy poo poo lmao

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

imagine not waking up and going to sleep each night with insatiable bean lust smdh

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

twoday posted:

Yeah I’m just thinking really hard and googling stuff

:fyh:

:glomp: I'm going to bed gn buddy

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Weird. I heard they beat the virus that is just the flu.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

First person to person transmission being reported in Sydney by the Aussie press. No further details yet but until now all our cases were traceable back to the person catching somewhere else and bringing it in.
Presser about it soon.

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

I’m in NYC, and commute via subway to my job at front desk of an office that helps people working low-income service-sector jobs. I am basically completely hosed and guaranteed to get pozzed within the next few weeks, aren’t I?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Bronze Fonz posted:

Beans own and taste good, sorry about your crippling addiction to chicken tenders or whatever

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Love 2 wake up heaving my empty stomach into the crapper as I do that shivering while warm thing

Luckily no fever so it's probably just some bullshit, but if I get famous tell everybody to vote Bernie or else I'm gonna haunt their assses forever

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

if you have COVID and enough contacts reality actually glitches so that you did not spread the disease at all

the simulation doesn't have enough memory to track it all

It goes even further, this is a real neat lifehack (epidemiologists hate this trick), if you personally spread the disease to 2^8 people then a buffer overflow occurs, curing all of them plus an additional 2^8 people miraculously

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Helith posted:

First person to person transmission being reported in Sydney by the Aussie press. No further details yet but until now all our cases were traceable back to the person catching somewhere else and bringing it in.
Presser about it soon.

one of the doctors treating a passenger that was quarantined

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Epic High Five posted:

Love 2 wake up heaving my empty stomach into the crapper as I do that shivering while warm thing

Luckily no fever so it's probably just some bullshit, but if I get famous tell everybody to vote Bernie or else I'm gonna haunt their assses forever

Fortunately fever is very common in COVID-19 while GI distress / vomiting isnt common at all

twoday
May 4, 2005

BONGHITZ posted:

UNLIMITED CONTACT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50ygYCz3G3I

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

orange sky posted:

I still can't get over the German dude who had "unlimited" contacts lmao

https://twitter.com/2019nCoVwatcher/status/1232664376139747328?s=20

Lots of sucking and loving

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Is there a breakdown of the health outcomes of the cruise ship victims? That has to be the best source of data for health outcomes that we have right now but I can't find specific numbers for those hospitalized, intubated, supplemental oxygen, ages, etc.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/MichelleKalehz1/status/1234358947366096897?s=20

Sorry, you don't meet the criteria *checks notes* by 0.3

(it's the internet though, it's probably fake)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol that corona virus dude loving his way across Germany

king

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

sounds like the mortality rate is prob lower than it looks like rn as well then

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Marzzle posted:

sounds like the mortality rate is prob lower than it looks like rn as well then

"Well they are lying about the infected but are telling the truth about the dead"

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Rectal Death Adept posted:

"Well they are lying about the infected but are telling the truth about the dead"

It's a lot easier to lose track of asymptomatic infected than it is of corpses.

Doesn't actually matter, though, except to make containment impossible.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

News from King County Metro:

King County Metro posted:

King County Metro update on novel coronavirus

We learned with great sadness that a King County resident passed away this weekend from COVED-19 after contracting novel coronavirus and additional cases were identified by public health officials.

At this time, King County Metro service will continue to operate as scheduled.

Metro crews are cleaning buses and water taxis daily. In the event of an unsanitary condition, our continuing practice is to remove a bus from service for crews to conduct a thorough cleaning and disinfecting before it returns to service.

If you see something that needs attention please alert your driver, a transit employee, or relay the four-digit bus number to customer service staff at 206-553-3000, or via Twitter @kcmetrobus.

Just as important as cleaning buses, we are asking people who are out in the public – at work, schools, grocery stores, events – and needing to travel by public transportation to please follow the direction of Public Health officials.

If you are experiencing symptoms of the virus, it is essential for the health of the community – and to limit the spread of the virus within the community – for you to please stay home or telework, cover all coughs and sneezes, avoid touching parts of your face to avoid picking up the virus and wash your hands frequently.

We want to reassure the public that King County and Metro are actively tracking developments and coordinating with experts at Public Health and the state Department of Health to consider what additional steps are needed as the situation evolves.

I feel a lot less guilty about slacking on buying this month's ORCA transit pass....

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Is this level of staggering ineptitude normal for the CDC? I always thought they had our backs but this is like a degree of incompetence straight out of a Douglas Adams novel

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Delthalaz posted:

Is this level of staggering ineptitude normal for the CDC? I always thought they had our backs but this is like a degree of incompetence straight out of a Douglas Adams novel

i have some news for you pal. Donald Trump is president.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

papersack posted:

the rear end in a top hat on tv?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Zotix posted:

Not great, not terrible.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

papersack posted:

Yeah I get it but goddamn aren’t there a bunch of people who’ve worked there for decades?

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Delthalaz posted:

no not typical. its always been kind of a mess but had highly dedicated staff that would push forward by force of will. After the Trump cuts I bet they all peaced out. That plus the inept political appointees and you have this disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

No but seriously folks. Where on my body should I start punching first to fight the virus? Do I go all beating on my chest like Donkey Kong for hours and see if that killed it.

Maybe I could swallow burning hot sand and just roll around to mix it into my system and kill the virus that way.

Or maybe and just hear me out. I could drink all the alcohol. All of it. I hear germs die from alcohol wipes. That'll kill it for sure.