Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

GrimGypsy posted:

lol is Twitter going to seriously blow up over every single confirmed case of this thing that thousands and thousands and thousands of people are going to catch(and twice that will catch but never report)

each one represents 10,000 more cases that were shredded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

that’s a lot of idiot tweets that are easily summed up with “trump screamed at everyone who told him bad news”

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

pigz posted:

Absolutely amazing the public health sector isn't on every single channel ranting about how the white house hosed this up and end all the downplaying and bullshit. Guess they don't realize they are about to get blamed for all of this. Trump will push all responsibility to them once he loses control of the media.

Really astonishing how hard he's got the media on lock down.

too busy funneling money into anti-M4A propaganda ads

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Durf posted:

im seeing lots of Panic! At the Costco footage and for some reason everyone's buying 500 rolls of toilet paper

my family's starving but at least i dont have to wash my rear end

help me budget for the apolcaypse

food - $40
paper for my rear end - $3620

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

people should not be encouraging a person who is legitimately mentally ill but I guess at least the mods are probing her now and not the people yelling at her to stop

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

a doctor told my coworker yesterday that the state of Colorado had no tests whatsoever

1 million by Friday lmao

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nothus posted:

Jesus at least learn to make caccio e pepe or buy a case of canned tomatoes with your pasta

no Nazi frog pasta for me thank you

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I had insanely bad mono that resulted in me being hospitalized for a week due to my throat closing up and my organs starting to get all fucky.

Every other month or so I get waves of extreme exhaustion for a week at a time :(

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

copped that coro

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Brogeoisie posted:

They are probably shutting routes down as we speak because they are margin negative until they hit a certain utilization rate. That means it costs them even more money than just doing nothing.

This will probably bankrupt entire cruise ship industry and potentially major airlines. This is before we get to their lenders who are banks (credit risk), movie companies, fast food restaurants (who is going to work? Eating lunch out?), hospitals, insurance companies and car manufacturers.

what if every major multi-million/billion dollar business didn't run so insanely lean that a single bad season would instantly bankrupt them

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ardennes posted:

Uh, do you know anything, literally anything, of 20th-century Chinese history?

I sure as poo poo don’t

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

either that video is mostly staff or the Italian prisoners never made any plans beyond milling around in the parking lot

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

so this really pisses me off. this is a major failure in testing not the fault of the people who went to the dance. the infected person called on Thursday, got swabbed Friday, and didn't get results until Saturday afternoon. it is loving absurd to expect an entire family to cut themselves off from the world for three days waiting for the test results of someone else when China can pull off 4 hour turnaround.

if you can’t put your stupid poo poo on hold and take a single saturday morning for some Netflix and chill you deserve to be treated like a modern Typhoid Mary

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

self quarantine sounds like it’ll be the most relaxing vacation I’ve had in years

I won’t even be able to work on my thesis

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

and uh, lot of insanity about to happen in the next hour
https://twitter.com/Fxhedgers/status/1237902147422842881

lmao you could already request to delay your tax return deadline to october this means nothing

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Thesaurus posted:

Lmao Wyoming

I bet Colorado peeps spread it to you. It sounds like the biggest cluster is in the Aspen area

ski people were already insufferable, now they may literally kill me

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Halser posted:

can someone live off of nothing but ramen for months?

Years

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

AdmiralViscen posted:

Sooooo we’re on Long Island and have our kids first birthday party with about 20 people scheduled for Saturday.... Nobody’s working from home and most/all of the kids are in day care.... I’m thinking we should cancel it but it seems like infection is inevitable anyway since everyone in attendance is out doing whatever they want every day anyway. We should cancel right?

yeah man I really wonder if you should cancel large gatherings of people

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

pancake rabbit posted:

if spending $1500 on a loving first birthday party doesn't merit a probe in c-spam i don't know what does

reminds me of when d&d posters start talking about theirs and their friends boats lmao

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

some foods can double as toilet paper if necessary. spinach, bread, dried banana peels, etc.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

separate your naan into two halves to stretch them further

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Rabid Snake posted:

I can see this. My brother had his kid baptized on the same day and invited the whole extended family + friends. Renting out a hall + paying for catering adds up.

can you help me see how somebody can spend money on a bougie party for an infant? seems like you got it figured out

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

AdmiralViscen posted:

I just ran a quote for a Chuck E Cheese in my area and it’d be over $800 if I wanted the same number of people for 2 hours, and that’s with fewer pizzas, no cake, no invitations. It would cost similar to order deli sandwiches and pasta salad and do it at home, but our home isn’t big enough to have this magnificent guest lists of a few cousins with their kids. Also my wife tells me it’s more like $1200 and 25 people, but this ship is probably way out in the harbor by now.

The venue is a little family-run small room with enough chairs for 10 adults, a little wooden jungle gym and a bunch of toys on the floor. There is nothing extravagant about it. Regional variance in cost of living is a real thing.

Her cousin had her first birthday party a few weeks ago at a loving beer garden with gourmet mac and cheese and an open bar, plus two clowns, with ~50 people. That poo poo was probably $6000. We are impressing 0 people with this party. It’s a tight guest list of only first cousins who have children, and our parents. It’s a play room where the older kids can run around and a bunch of family can see each other for a little while.

Also, it’s now cancelled.

lol shut up dude

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

actionjackson posted:

I'm a bit conflicted because I definitely could have it, as I just started having some symptoms a few days ago, but they are minor. But they might be minor because I do have it but am also not in a high risk group - what I heard is that 80% of cases will be like this, or maybe it's nothing. Basically I'm WFH, and I'm trying not to have much exposure to those in high risk groups, but otherwise since I'm not going to be tested anytime soon I feel like I should also be able to go about my life and not simply skip all social functions (though when I do, it will just be things with a few other people).

people are running around claiming that everyone who contracts it will feel like they are dying and reach the cusp of needing intubation at a minimum but that is really obviously not the case

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol that guy going on cable news and yelling about stocking up on 3 months of food is going to cause panic buying and at least 3 goons to get ulcers

doctors are some of the dumbest motherfuckers alive

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

galenanorth posted:

Hotels being commandeered will affect people who live in hotels for years because they are on the periphery of homelessness, and they don't have credit for a whole year's apartment lease, so they have to pay in smaller installments at a higher rate. Most of those hotels will be going underwater soon anyway, and I'm not against the idea, but I wanted to point it out anyway

buddy everyone’s going to “be affected” by this

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

twoday posted:

Within 5 minutes of leaving my house today I saw someone on a stretcher being loaded into an ambulance

I suspect but need confirmation that people are still getting sick and hurt in other ways while this is going on

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the I FArking Love Science guy doesnt understand exponentials

SpaceX has a completely open office space btw

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Der Meister posted:

the reviews for animal crossing are filled with people complaining you only get one island per console does this matter

it does if you want your partner to be able to play the game on their own island instead of tending only to your own in a subservient manner

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

is this true even if somebody is playing it on a different profile?

one island per switch

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

My income derives from the rent I collect from around a half dozen properties. I have a hefty mortgage on a new property I moved into and with my irresponsible tenants with no savings hinting at the fact that they may not have rent next month and next forcing me to default on a mortgage payment as I sunk everything into the down payment on this new house I live in, I have no confidence the government will have my back, but instead enact an eviction freeze.

How are other landlords prepared to deal with this?

I’m worried.

Keep a 6-12 month safety fund so you don't have to go delinquent on the bills you're responsible for. God bless!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Old Story posted:

can I just point out how loving insane a 17 to 20% positivity rate on covid tests is? That represents an outbreak that is completely out of control, or a system that is extremely reluctant to test even very probable cases. For context, Canada and South Korea have a positivity rate of like 3%

it’s the second one

people are literally on ventilators not being tested because they haven’t been to China on the last 30 days

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

gret posted:

Pretty sure I had the BCG vaccine right after I was born (lucky to not be born in the US I guess?) but since it's supposedly only effective for ~20 years I assume it's probably been too long for me for it to have any sort of protective effect?

better start taking some chloroquine

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

my morning jackass posted:

also you only need n95 masks for covid-19 if you are doing aerosolizing procedures like intubation or whatever. everything else just needs a surgical mask, gown, and face shield. don’t waste n95s

yeah when they say every American should wear masks they mean down to bandanas and poo poo to keep their stupid asses from splattering everything when they sneeze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Inceltown posted:

Couple flees to north of the Arctic Circle in bid to escape Covid-19

How loving thick do you have to be to drag your diseased arse off to a remote first nations community in the middle of a global pandemic. They should have been cleansed with fire on arrival.

quote:

AN American tourist killed by a tribe on a remote Indian island felt he was called by God to bring the gospel to the uncontacted people.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7791812/us-missionary-shot-dead-arrows-remote-island-tribe-christianity/