Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Immigration is so out of control in this country. They really let anyone in. Like, just yesterday, they even granted citizenship to this goon. :toot:

Time to upgrade my voting registry from local/EU to full access.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Thanks folks, after 20 years here, it was a bit overdue tbf. Now if the Greens take over the country by one vote in Galway West next election, you can officially blame me.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Well, it's not like they're not going to gain much ground in the near future if ever, so you can sleep peacefully.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

gonadic io posted:

Oh yeah what's the deal with people leaving N plates on for years and years. Just cba to take them off? There's absolutely no way all these people or their kids are actually freshly passed

Unless it's a Skoda Octavia in which case they might. I swear, every single time I wonder WTF is that idiot doing, it's an Octavia. I'm wondering if it isn't just the most common car in the country though.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

PowerBeard posted:

Those same people crying about the Gov not doing enough to house homeless people (True, but also separate fund to immigration accommodation) would pitch a fit if the centres were used for homeless people because how can our poor little town deal with an influx of 50 people.

Indeed. Out west, Cllr Noel Thomas, the FFer (currently suspended I think) whose home got raided by the Gardaí following the hotel arson in Roscahill outside of Galway, had previously opposed every social housing project in his village next door. I kinda believe him when he shouts that he's not a racist: it's just the poor that he hates.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Arquinsiel posted:

He's quite likely also a racist, to be fair.

Well, according to people who dealt with him for a while, he wasn't quite like that pre-COVID (the old racism thing, because he never liked the idea of social housing on his turf), but the lockdowns apparently did a job on him, sending him straight down the alt-right echo chambers.

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jan 31, 2024

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Mrenda posted:

Zero Sugar Bulmer's. The nation would be hosed!

Could even serve it in a flashk.

20% less sugar! *

* 20% smaller can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
We also voted to extend the use of glyphosates in the EU by another 10 years.