Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
People have tried comboing him with freeze, but there you are spending cards to get him to work where as soraka is generating you draw.

Tahm's biggest problem is just being tied to bilgewater with it's lack of healing and buffs and not enough good ally-capture support, if his signature spell was fast instead of slow it would probably be overpowered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
He should at least give you a copy of his spell on the turn that you play him instead of round start of the next turn.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

God drat I don't usually post about "Game I just played" but I never played a game where I could FEEL such second hand rage in sympathy for the guy I was beating down.

I was playing this Jayce shadow isles deck (https://runeterraccg.com/decks/z_uxpzaed33r/) vs this poor Poppy Zed spammer and I managed to play SIX of the six mana "Drain 5 health" cards thanks to the little dude who generates six costs cards.

I was down to one hp TWICE. The poor dude had to be seething.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

So yeah Jinx is pretty stupid, especially when untethered. I've just been levelling her for fun and I think she's the first champ I've gotten triple S on Viktor for? I think the most vicious part of Jinx is that she can go wild with many COMMON powers where other champs struggle to find Rares that really work for them. Her initial deck is very powerful with a lot of customs to round out her playstyle, she has many champions that work well along side her (She can go into Plunder, pure discard or low aggro) and can make really good use of the relics.

It's VERY clear Jinx was who they designed PoC around. Even Nautilus, who hurts her power, isn't that hard when you can get Sejunai, Gangplank or Sion.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

New trailer drop. Hi, Ahri.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Ooh, I've been waiting for Kennen.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

My poor buddy is an Akali fanatic and has been waiting since the dang Ionia trailer back at launch for her to actually get into the game. It has to happen soon right?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress yeah, Ahri!!!!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Clarste posted:

Ooh, I've been waiting for Kennen.

Is that the ninja Yordle?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I forget, does the event currency give you bonus XP or anything once you fill up the battle pass or can I just ignore those quests?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

goferchan posted:

I forget, does the event currency give you bonus XP or anything once you fill up the battle pass or can I just ignore those quests?

Nah, you're good once you're done unless they've changed it. That would be a neat idea, though.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
IIRC, some of the event quests give you rewards on their own (usually the 3 of 3 or whatever), but the gems are useless.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The new spoilers are out. I hope you like Recall.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

The new spoilers are out. I hope you like Recall.

I mean, they sorta spoiled that for Ahri when they released this with the last expansions.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

that was very cute

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Is that the ninja Yordle?

Yeah.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That was super cute.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
someone help me im hard stuck on the first fight of viktor with ekko in path. i just cant beat it fast enough before its droping 0 cost 6/6s every turn. I was planning to just surrender until i get the glimpse free spell trait but its given me the you get one mana extra every time ive gone back in so i dont think they will let you cheese with surrender.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There's already a card out that has people raising an eyebrow, the Yordle Captain. A 4 for 4/4 who grants +1/+1 for any unit played with equal or lesser power. That could get nuts.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Dawgstar posted:

There's already a card out that has people raising an eyebrow, the Yordle Captain. A 4 for 4/4 who grants +1/+1 for any unit played with equal or lesser power. That could get nuts.

It's weird that bandle keeps getting cards with both premium stats and strong effects but it's worse than poppy and not clearly better than lecturing yordle. You don't really want to attack or block with it right away lest you lose the chance to get value from it, which is a bad look for an aggro deck. By turn 5 you may not even have small creatures in hand to abuse his ability and holding back cards to play with him gets punished by removal and may give your opponent time to stabilize. Also turning a 2/1 into a 3/2 may not make much of a difference at that point. Turn five is mid-late game, you should be thinking about how to get those last points of damage in with reckless attacks and burn, not about spending lots of mana to build a huge board right as your slower opponent's best stuff is coming online.

On the other hand Lecturing is made for combat and guarantees you pings and eventual face damage which fits the BC aggro gameplan perfectly.

Magic Underwear fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 1, 2021

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Yordle Captain probably isn't good but I'm sure there'll be a deck that summons multiple copies to build it up or something daft.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
I really like this Path of Adventure thing. Playing Caitlyn and rolling Teemo as reinforcements is a lot of fun. It sort of reminds me of the hours I spent giving the AI a beatdown in MTG Duels to relax. It's a very zen thing for me.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Nami is kinda loving stupid.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Onmi posted:

Nami is kinda loving stupid.

i had a game with ekko where i got the 0 cost fleeting predict and i have a thing so if i see a mob in predict. so i could just level ekko and drops him on 4 and only take spells for my first ones. then my minions would be huge and cheap

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

snergle posted:

i had a game with ekko where i got the 0 cost fleeting predict and i have a thing so if i see a mob in predict. so i could just level ekko and drops him on 4 and only take spells for my first ones. then my minions would be huge and cheap

Goodbye Viktor, you... existed. At Rank 14 before even getting her free revive, Nami's cleared her PoC. All I got left to do is to level her to 22 (So I have all my unlocked champs at 22.)

Nami's kinda crazy because things like the fleeting blades or the counterfeit copies just... turn into a power boost, hell her power is to generate spell mana on spell casts so she just gets to genertate free mana!

Also yeah Ekko's fun as hell.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I've been liking it, was surprised at it's poor reception in the thread, it's a lot less brain-dead easy and there are rewards to go with tackling the harder paths and the AI gets enough bonuses on those harder paths it usually isn't pushed over immediately.

You can also get some fun combos of op stuff going, but not every run and it can take some runs to levelup new champs enough to reach those.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Onmi posted:

Goodbye Viktor, you... existed. At Rank 14 before even getting her free revive, Nami's cleared her PoC. All I got left to do is to level her to 22 (So I have all my unlocked champs at 22.)

Nami's kinda crazy because things like the fleeting blades or the counterfeit copies just... turn into a power boost, hell her power is to generate spell mana on spell casts so she just gets to genertate free mana!

ekkos super fun but i cant beat the first viktor one qq im not very high leveled though am i suppose to grind runs to get more xp? if so i think ill grind naut thats fun but not auto win. anything but fighting karma with poros as ekko took me like 8 tries to get past her.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
When I beat the last zone with Ekko I didn't have his second power unlocked yet but I did have a really OP setup with LeBlanc and "when you play a unit with 5 or more power it strikes the strongest enemy" and I'd just summon ethereal clones of him and strike and get more and more predicts

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

snergle posted:

ekkos super fun but i cant beat the first viktor one qq im not very high leveled though am i suppose to grind runs to get more xp? if so i think ill grind naut thats fun but not auto win. anything but fighting karma with poros as ekko took me like 8 tries to get past her.

That fight can be very awkward due to not the 6/6's but the fact you're likely to deck out before getting the kill. With Ekko you want to leverage your absurd card advantage over the first fight. You're at least level 8 which means you pump creatures seen in predictions. you want to aggressively mull for Ekko and Time Trick, then Time trick into more time tricks, you want to try and get Ekko down on Turn 4 flipped, which gets you chrono breaks. use Perfectionist to dupe more Ekko's and Time Tricks, once Ekko can start producing Time Tricks by striking, you're hunting Chronobreaks, which you'll use to basically suicide your board, revive with Chrono Break and find another chronobreak.

fun fact about Chronobreak, it never stops reviving the cards that turn. So if Ekko dies, you Chronobreak and bring him back then Chronobreak again, you'll now have two Ekko.

If you use Parallel Convergence to make clones of Ekko and then use Chronobreak, that also revives the Ethereal Ekko's as regular Ekko's.

As for equipment, you want to give Ekko Archangel Staff (if you have it) And the one that's Spell Mana on summon if you don't.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Onmi posted:

Yeah, I did pretty much the same thing, including ending at level 14. It was the easiest one I've done so far.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I'm a new player trying out Path of Champions thanks to Arcane, and I guess I'm kind of just looking for tips because while at first the game mode felt fun, Gangplank was a brick wall I barely managed to sneak out a win against and now against Ezreal everything feels so much worse, and even after like ten attempts I haven't managed to kill Karma. I've been playing Caitlyn because her deck clicked the most and I like control/don't like Jayce, and so gunning for what I think is control in my picks, but I find myself just getting constantly outvalued, out muscled, and out controlled.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Eimi posted:

I'm a new player trying out Path of Champions thanks to Arcane, and I guess I'm kind of just looking for tips because while at first the game mode felt fun, Gangplank was a brick wall I barely managed to sneak out a win against and now against Ezreal everything feels so much worse, and even after like ten attempts I haven't managed to kill Karma. I've been playing Caitlyn because her deck clicked the most and I like control/don't like Jayce, and so gunning for what I think is control in my picks, but I find myself just getting constantly outvalued, out muscled, and out controlled.

I知 also new and this is me too.

Also when the game asks you to pick a second champ you can稚 even preview the cards to see if they will fit so I知 like YOLOing it and hoping for the best. This is on iPad though so I知 not sure if the PC version is the same.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

I知 also new and this is me too.

Also when the game asks you to pick a second champ you can稚 even preview the cards to see if they will fit so I知 like YOLOing it and hoping for the best. This is on iPad though so I知 not sure if the PC version is the same.

You can definitely preview the cards in PC by Right clicking on them, not sure if like holding on them works on iPad.

As for advice I can give to the newbies (I've got a whole MONTH experience over you after all) is that you need to consider the champs you're using and what their strengths are in response to the bullshit the lab throws at you.

So you're using Cait, where are you getting walled?

Alitur
Jan 10, 2019
The way to beat Karma is simple: pick the greediest reinforcement you can, once. Maybe twice. Like, snap pick Anivia or Feel The Rush, and then forget about it. When Karma comes, hard mulligan for your greed cards and enjoy your victory.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Alitur posted:

The way to beat Karma is simple: pick the greediest reinforcement you can, once. Maybe twice. Like, snap pick Anivia or Feel The Rush, and then forget about it. When Karma comes, hard mulligan for your greed cards and enjoy your victory.

Oh yeah if you're getting walled by Karma, she's a complete crapshot because some rear end in a top hat gave her Aurora Porealis, at this PoC route, with this power, localized entirely within her deck.

You need to kill Karma as soon as possible and not at all think about this in terms of traditionally playing the game, you aren't trying to curve, you're trying to scream and murder her before she can combo you to death. Since the AI always starts with Karma, make sure your hand (assuming Vanilla deck) contains two Piltover Peacemakers or 2 Mystic Shot, anything to do 4. For relics, give Caitlyn The Grand Duelist's Blade and punch Karma in the teeth before she can storm off.

You also want a really good champ pair for Cait so you aren't crippled by her lack of explosive power (Since she is a control deck and you very much are not fighting the control game against Karma OR Ez, though that champ should still synergize with Caitlyn if you can manage it. So let's analyze some champ pairs and which ones you should take, and avoid.

Let's use this as an example, as I booted it up just for this. Azir is a really good aggro strat card, great for swarming the field with small bodies, he's a backline champion. I don't think he functions well with Caitlyn though, and I wouldn't say he's good against Karma (who's enlightened) or Ezreal (Who gets a free Statikk or Shot each turn). Swain is a TREMENDOUSLY good partner however.

He compliments Caitlyn's control strategy very well by offering stuns, his level up works with the flashbomb traps, he brings indirect damage, and he's got a fat butt. That's very helpful on Ez especially, but Karma also doesn't like his badonkadonk.

Aurelion Sol is the meme pick. Sol himself will end the game but in every fight BUT Karma you getting to 10 mana isn't a guarantee, which leads to Sol sometimes being dead. Celestial cards are extremely powerful however and he just counter-picks Karma as hard as possible.

Let's take a look at another, since I have a reroll to spend.

Diana is bad, don't play her. Her Nightfall strategy isn't strong, there is no good nightfall support in the available champs that I can see, and she's not a very good champion. Sorry Moon Lesbian, maybe they'll upgrade you eventually.

Rekenton is a beast. He will chew things up and not care, he is a great combat champion. who can throw down vulnerables, get swole and punch threats. He doesn't synergize well with Caitlyn but he offers to fill a void in her strategy, aggro response. He also has a fairly easy flip condition and he gives access to Shurima cards which can be good for combat trickery.

Lucian is... odd. He's good, and he's a low curve card. But against Karma and even Ez he's just gonna eat removal. I don't think they really synergize that well. You typically want a supporting champion who can balance out Cait's bombs and that is not Lucian. Rally's are nice for getting in but your starting deck doesn't really support the strategy.

Of these I'd go Swain->Renekton->Sol->Lucian->Azir->Diana In order of picking.

EDIT: Also, a side thing, at the first branch, go south, and head along that path. You'll get an extra power which can help.

EDIT 2:

Yeah, Karma is literally just a crapshot, even me with a max level Caitlyn, I'm struggling here.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Dec 1, 2021

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Karma also has the added thing of you're probably buying cards to that point for the curve and turning your nose up at, I don't know, Minah Swiftfoot or Cithria Lady of the Clouds so you may not have big hitters.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Caitlin is just kinda poo poo at the moment, IMO. If you think it's hard on the Karma map, you'll probably the rage-uninstall on the Nautilus map on Caitlin.

Like, Caitlin's main power is already not amazing, but on the Nautilus map every single enemy in every node is Tough.

I'd just recommend switch to Jinx, Ekko or Jayce. (Vi is also not great right now, alas.)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Megazver posted:

(Vi is also not great right now, alas.)

Can confirm.
Vi's deck is all in on Vi, leading to two problems:
1) Vi is kinda bad as a champion? She only has though to protect herself, her biggaton numbers require her to be sitting in hand since the initial draw. For all of this she can murder only one enemy per attack token.
2) Almost no card draw, and what she has also makes the enemy draw, and their deck has actual synergies.
3) At start of turn, add 1 impact on strongest ally? What is this poo poo passive power?

Like, when I decided that no, I wasn't going to keep playing as Vi? I had Trifarian might (5+ power allies strike on entry) and LeBlanc. Like, that should be an autowin. Either one coming in is instant removal and massive pressure (with Vi auto-leveling)
Random encounter #2, neither in hand at start, hard mulligan, 6-7 turns later without seeing either, enemy's board runs away, dead run.

With Jinx or Miss Fortune, that would not be a good situation but they have options (and actual passive powers).

They know this is a problem, enemy champions automatically create a copy of their champion in hand at game start (incidentally making their initial hand 5 cards instead of 4).
I think having players should have their chosen champion guaranteed in their initial 4 cards would fix a lot of problems.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Kennen reveal!

https://youtu.be/JGKMLaHkoEU

I don稚 know if he値l be good, but he値l certainly be annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Lord of Hats posted:

Kennen reveal!

https://youtu.be/JGKMLaHkoEU

I don稚 know if he値l be good, but he値l certainly be annoying

Looks like he might be fun with Zed and all the Living Shadows?