Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I feel like it would take on average 2 cards and 4 mana just to deal one stun. I guess he's a lot better leveled up, but because of the way it works you have to put all your eggs in one basket and if the card you've been bouncing dies your entire game is basically ruined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
Lightning rush is cool, Kennen doesn't impress me on first look. 1/2/1 first strike is nice I guess (is that statline actually worth a champ slot?) but his ETB is nearly worthless. You can level him up somewhat easily with blades or sand soldiers but he still dies to any removal or board clear. Plus there are a million pings in the meta to pick him off before he gets any value whatsoever. Zoe at least demands an immediate answer, kennan you can stop with a 2/3 and then ping him at your leisure. Imagine you spend a bunch of mana on something underpowered like sand soldiers in order to level him up and he gets pokey sticked before he can level. Bad look. Or you play your fifth spider token or whatever and get your whole board avalanched including him. Even if he survives to level up, just don't block him and he only gets one mark! Not even that scary.

He's too vulnerable to build around his level up and barely better than your average one drop without his level up, is that worth a champ slot? Especially when you have poppy and ziggs available to you which are way better aggro cards.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I read his level up condition as literally the same card entering and leaving your hand 5 times, not just cards with the same name.

Edit: Either way though, he doesn't actually need to survive or be on the board to level up, it's not a "i've seen you" condition.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 1, 2021

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Kennen seems good to me, also fits his league role as being annoying as poo poo to deal with.

Unless you got a 1 mana 1/3, good luck stopping him from attacking round 1 or 2, you want to block with something bigger? quick attack and attack buffs, want to ping him to death? sounds about as smart as trying to ping Fizz to death considering their hand probably has at least 4 recalls in it at any given time.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 2, 2021

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Eimi posted:

I'm a new player trying out Path of Champions thanks to Arcane, and I guess I'm kind of just looking for tips because while at first the game mode felt fun, Gangplank was a brick wall I barely managed to sneak out a win against and now against Ezreal everything feels so much worse, and even after like ten attempts I haven't managed to kill Karma. I've been playing Caitlyn because her deck clicked the most and I like control/don't like Jayce, and so gunning for what I think is control in my picks, but I find myself just getting constantly outvalued, out muscled, and out controlled.

im a veteran player and that karma fight gave me trouble to. shits hard.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
Enemy champion decks in PoC tend to be remarkably consistent since they always have their champion in the opener and seem to have more copies of fewer cards than you do. Even well built decks and powers can sometimes brick on a bad draw and just lose to a board of 6/6 poros.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

and that's all my available champs max ranked.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Onmi posted:

and that's all my available champs max ranked.

Are they only max level for the PoC or does it carry over?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Wollawolla posted:

Enemy champion decks in PoC tend to be remarkably consistent since they always have their champion in the opener and seem to have more copies of fewer cards than you do. Even well built decks and powers can sometimes brick on a bad draw and just lose to a board of 6/6 poros.

Nearly lost a Jayce run where she only cot to copy one Aurora Porealis, but it's such a hard thing to deal with. Not to mention the deck is running a tleast 3 copies

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

MarcusSA posted:

Are they only max level for the PoC or does it carry over?

To what would it carry over to?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Clarste posted:

I read his level up condition as literally the same card entering and leaving your hand 5 times, not just cards with the same name.

Edit: Either way though, he doesn't actually need to survive or be on the board to level up, it's not a "i've seen you" condition.

Yeah they could have done a better job with the wording, but the video shows him leveling off different copies of a card being played so I'm pretty positive that's how it works.

edit: also it's "Summon" so it triggers off Sand Soldiers and Blade Dance :getin:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Onmi posted:

To what would it carry over to?

The next event? I have no idea.

I was just curious what progress is actually saved.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Caitlyn PoC run for that one where all enemies have Tough is pretty annoying. The whole gimmick of the deck is about dealing 1 damage (until you get balling out of control). Heck, one of her default spells is about dealing 1 damage on two targets.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

Your level and the powers unlocked. Path of Champions will remain even as the event concludes, it's a permanent mode. So any new additions will conclude this.

Also I decided to do a Jayce run for the quest.

Zed I'mma pay you 100 gold to gently caress off.

Revitalized posted:

Caitlyn PoC run for that one where all enemies have Tough is pretty annoying. The whole gimmick of the deck is about dealing 1 damage (until you get balling out of control). Heck, one of her default spells is about dealing 1 damage on two targets.

Yup, Statikk Shock sucks normally and now it's just a dead card you desperately want to cut at the healers. Sadly, there is NO answer for Cait vs Nautlius to make it easier. Your goal is entirely to go in on a secondary champion with a good power. For me, I got Trifarian Glory (5+ Units strike the weakest unit when they enter) and then LeBlanc as a hero choice, which helped destroy everything in my way in what was the most overpowered Caitlyn run I ever had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOl7zM_qVMI

HawkTie did a run of it and you can see just how rough and wild it can be.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Onmi posted:

HawkTie
Isn't that lad a nonce?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Pilchenstein posted:

Isn't that lad a nonce?

I started playing this game a month ago, how should I know?

EDIT: Also completed my Jayce comeback tour with Nautilus

Eat it, you tremendous tin can.

EDIT again: The Jayce comeback tour has concluded.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Dec 2, 2021

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I got two Extra Gems as powers on my level 22 Ekko today. Summoning your champ as your first move is pretty fun!

Revitalized posted:

They're probably going to do something about this in a patch in a few months. They gotta.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

MarcusSA posted:

Path of Champions is presumably permanent, not just an "event", and will continue to be expanded upon. However the FAQ does say they're planning on revamping and resetting some stuff somewhere down the line:

quote:

That means there’s a point where we know we’ll need to reset certain aspects of progression, like Reputation levels, to create the best experience possible. We’ll keep everyone informed as to when that’s going to happen and exactly what it entails when we get closer to that point.

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013
I've been enjoying Path of Champions much more now that more of my heroes are level 8. Before that it felt like a massive downgrade to old Lab. Just finished a run with Nami/Ezreal, with Nami's power unlocked and both heroes having the item of +1/+1 on a spell cast. That is the kind of bullshit I love.

They really should just have the level 8 ability unlocked right at start for all heroes. No reason not to

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Well I decided to give Jayce a try and the game really rewarded me for that. Probably the most fun deck I've had so far. Luck into Viega, some lifesteal minions that got a buff, and my power was the free shuffle 4 copies of a card in your hand into your deck. So I'd either get Viego and a ton of mist, the hydra that generated mist, or just an endless supply of lifesteal minions. Of course it was just against Lulu so I steam rolled her but I guess that's a hell of an intro to playing Jayce. :v:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I've leveled Jayce to 22 and past the early levels he's crazy powerful.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Wollawolla posted:

yeah one fight against karma i sucessfully got through 3 poro aurellias and then it droped 2 more and i was like this cheating rear end ai and stoped for the day

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

snergle posted:

yeah one fight against karma i sucessfully got through 3 poro aurellias and then it droped 2 more and i was like this cheating rear end ai and stoped for the day

I just had a run come to a crashing halt thanks to Karma and Heart of the Fluft. The PoC just feels like it goes 'nope you lose lol' most of the time and it doesn't feel fun anymore.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Jinx joins Jayce in the "Everything is S-rank" club. the Jinx combo is truly ridiculous at max level. What's the Jinx Combo? Gravedigger's Space and Scourge's Stash. This gives Jinx the ability to generate a fleeting card in hand each turn, and it gives her the plunder: -2 cost. You mull to Poro Cannon and Jinx, discard a card, summon Jinx on turn 1.

However the revenge tour ends early as my Champ Capsule opens a second Twisted Fate, so it's time to draw cards in his PoC

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So our Targon hero is definitely Pantheon, and we've got from a leak another Bandle/Noxus Yordle, so hopefully it's Keld, people suspect Rumble though.

Fated is the first time I am targeted by a friendly card each round, give me +1/+1

Onmi fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 3, 2021

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It'll make trying to trade into anything fated a nightmare.

Also really hate the existence of blinded mystic, silence is never fun and gets in the way of the memes.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 3, 2021

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It'll make trying to trade into anything fated a nightmare.

Also really hate the existence of blinded mystic, silence is never fun and gets in the way of the memes.

My thought exactly. It's basically Spellbreaker from hearthstone, a card that was so generically good that it got banished to the shadow realm. The dragon and double buff seem good too.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Onmi posted:

So our Targon hero is definitely Pantheon, and we've got from a leak another Bandle/Noxus Yordle, so hopefully it's Keld, people suspect Rumble though.

Fated is the first time I am targeted by a friendly card each round, give me +1/+1

Rumble is, IIRC, now connected with Shurima.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Hellioning posted:

Rumble is, IIRC, now connected with Shurima.

You might be thinking of Ziggs, Rumble is Bandle City. People suspect Rumble is being moved to Noxus due to this Facebook leak.

It makes no sense for Rumble to BE in Noxus, but people believe the Follower is one of his.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It doesn't make much sense for Lulu to be Ionia either.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Onmi posted:

You might be thinking of Ziggs, Rumble is Bandle City. People suspect Rumble is being moved to Noxus due to this Facebook leak.

It makes no sense for Rumble to BE in Noxus, but people believe the Follower is one of his.

I meant lore wise, though I did forget that Ziggs did get moved over to shurima for I assume game design reasons (Ziggs likes to blow things up, monuments are things to blow up, Shurima is one of the two big monument factions).

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Hellioning posted:

I meant lore wise, though I did forget that Ziggs did get moved over to shurima for I assume game design reasons (Ziggs likes to blow things up, monuments are things to blow up, Shurima is one of the two big monument factions).

Ziggs is in Shurima solely for mechanical reasons. The "lore" is that he went south from P&Z to do weapons testing in an empty desert on some ruins.

Rumble is BIlgewater if he's anything from memory, there might be a story of him in Shurima I forget. But the issue comes down to it doesn't matter where characters should be, Legends of Runeterra has proven that it will put them wherever they can for gameplay conceit alone.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Megazver posted:

They're probably going to do something about this in a patch in a few months. They gotta.

Yeah I hope so. I managed to voltron Caitlyn (best I could do with my rolls) and get to the final stage. When I lost, I didn't feel like I learned anything, and it sort of felt like a literal waste of my time. I spent the majority of my re-rolls trying to cut useless chaff. That whole run felt like pulling teeth. It's been a blast up to this point.

Unrelated, but I want a Teemo path of champions. Getting Teemo as reinforcements for Caitlyn is some of my favorite stuff so far lol

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Rumble is BIlgewater if he's anything from memory, there might be a story of him in Shurima I forget. But the issue comes down to it doesn't matter where characters should be, Legends of Runeterra has proven that it will put them wherever they can for gameplay conceit alone.

For example, Veigar is strongly associated with Noxus, last I checked, but they put him in the Shadowlands because of the Darkness mechanic. And otherwise there wouldn't be any Yordles in the Shadowlands at all.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Clarste posted:

For example, Veigar is strongly associated with Noxus, last I checked, but they put him in the Shadowlands because of the Darkness mechanic. And otherwise there wouldn't be any Yordles in the Shadowlands at all.

You could literally change Veigar's name to Vex and she'd be a perfect fit.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Revitalized posted:

Unrelated, but I want a Teemo path of champions. Getting Teemo as reinforcements for Caitlyn is some of my favorite stuff so far lol

Hell yeah, I wanna give the enemy a taste of their own medicine and make them eat 5 billion toxic shrooms in one turn.

If you could get the power that summons a copy of a champ as well as the champion buff that makes champs summon a copy of themselves...

Just get 6 Teemos and strike in one turn for 120 poisonous puff in a single turn ((5 + 5 + 5) x2 x2 x2).

I also really want Veigar in PoC, either as a champ or a reinforcement. I wanna play Veigar & Senna in PoC.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Clarste posted:

Veigar's magic is evil Targonian celestial magic specifically, his association with Noxus is technically pre-Noxus itself, as it's actually about Mordekaiser torturing Veigar for information.

Onmi posted:

You could literally change Veigar's name to Vex and she'd be a perfect fit.

This.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Dec 3, 2021

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Hell yeah, I wanna give the enemy a taste of their own medicine and make them eat 5 billion toxic shrooms in one turn.

If you could get the power that summons a copy of a champ as well as the champion buff that makes champs summon a copy of themselves...

Just get 6 Teemos and strike in one turn for 120 poisonous puff in a single turn ((5 + 5 + 5) x2 x2 x2).

I also really want Veigar in PoC, either as a champ or a reinforcement. I wanna play Veigar & Senna in PoC.

Teemo should also have the "launch attack when played" effect because it's funny.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Unlocked Nami and got to level 14 with her. She's crazy good, right from level 1. Might even be better than whatever you think the best Champ out of the default five is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Nautilus with Caitlyn was far less painful than I thought it would be.
(I assume she auto loses to scargrounds so I just avoided it)
I'm not saying it's easy, Cait is weak early on against this path, but if you can reach Sejuani your deck should run well enough to finish this.

While though renders her flash bombs far less useful, she's still a 3/3 quick attack for three. Give her the +2/+1 rare relic and she comes in as a 6/5 on turn three, so she bullies everyone with simple raw stats.

I think the trick is to be aggressive with rerolls early on to fish for anything, including at healers to try and cut statikk shock (because yeah that card is completely dead).